Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
Well, I , my dad, and wife launched at Old State, as soon as we went under the bridge at Upper Deck, the sheen and smell was noticeable. From there it went all the way to the Iron Channel. It was thick in some spots. No way it came from a boat, way too large. So, I fished East, then when I got to the Upper deck, booms were in place and they would not allow me to go to Old State. Had chicken wings at the Upper Deck, they allowed me to dock my boat there, and also three other boats did the same. Son took us to my truck at Old State. Came back at 8am, booms gone, but when I got my boat there still was the sheen. The EPA quy had to drive from Columbus, betcha he got there last night and said nothing can be done, it will dissipate into the air. Poor ducks and ducklings were swimming in it.

·
Powderfinger
7,789 Posts
Not going to say the name but the dock right there at the bridge sells marine gas. I wonder. Hope it’s a one time thing and not an ongoing leak.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I hope somebody can help me out with this my son is down in Texas traìni

·
Registered
410 Posts
Without knowing Portage Lakes is there any good areas to fish for bass? My son is training down in Texas for the upcoming NFL season and he is training with Brian Winters from the New York Jets who lives in the Cleveland area and ask my son about Portage Lakes I personally do not fish Portage Lakes. Any help no secret holes just areas

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
Without knowing Portage Lakes is there any good areas to fish for bass? My son is training down in Texas for the upcoming NFL season and he is training with Brian Winters from the New York Jets who lives in the Cleveland area and ask my son about Portage Lakes I personally do not fish Portage Lakes. Any help no secret holes just areas
No help on location but people do very well on bass there

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
90% of the lake is weeds. Fish deep in the weeds or weed edges and catch fish. Weightless worms under docks will also catch fish.

·
Registered
410 Posts
I appreciate the answers I will send those to my son so he can get them to Brian

·
Registered
247 Posts
My wife and I fished out there Monday night for a couple of hours after the rain. Between the two of us, we caught 3 on dark senkos falling on the edge of docks, and 3 on a shallow diving crank bait in 5-8 FOW, right off of docks.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts