close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Portage Bass?

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by jay2k, May 20, 2007.

1. jay2k

jay2k Inch short

Well I haven't posted in awhile thinking my luck would change at portage, but now i'm desperate. I have fished there at least a dozen times for bass and it has been slow at best for me. The dock bite that is usually good for me this time of year has been the pits. I have also fished the many weedbeds deep and shallow with no luck. I've noticed that the weeds seem to be a lot worse than last year and was wondering if that has somthing to do with it. I know guys are catching fish there, but I can't get a handle on em'. Anybody having the same success? Next time I'll just bring my bluegill rod and clean house. Those critters are everywhere right now.

2. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

Dont be afraid of the grass. They are in there.

3. I heard they were shallow over the weekend. Someone I know won a club tourney with 26lbs off of beds!

4. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

Wow 26#. Lakes Trail Saturday only had a handfull of 3 - 4 # fish. Everybody caught fish though and set a new trail total weight record.

5. Is there a bass tournie held there on Wednesdays at 6pm? any info on this if there is?

6. It starts at 5 pm. cost is is $40.00

7. $40 per boat? $40 a person?

8. $40.00 per boat and one time $20.00 registration fee.

9. so I can put 3 people in my boat to fish? and the $20 registration is for the boat being used?

10. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

$40.00/boat and you must have a one partner was the last I heard. 3 people would not be allowed in the tournament. $10.00 per person registration fee, one time fee.

11. Thanks. Gonna be out of my budget I'm afraid.

12. Well i found out that was a 2 day, day one 8lbs, day two, 18lbs. That makes more sense!