portable buddy reviews?

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by hardwaterfan, Oct 11, 2007.

1. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

if anyone has used the portable buddy propane heaters id appreciate hearing your review of this item.

2. I really like mine, heats up my Fishtrap pro almost too warm. The only downside that I have found, which is really not a negative is that if you bump it too hard it will shut off. It is a safety feature.

3. I agree with swany Don't use mine much but it does the job when its needed
    geowol

4. hardwaterfan

thanks for the reviews guys, it helps a lot.

5. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

I love mine. Last year when it was -8 dgrees I had my coat off and was very warm in the shanty. I also have 2 others I use for emergengy heat if I ever need it. I have used mine in my boat in Canada and it made the cold day worth being out.
    Won't be long and we'll be in the shantys usiong them again :D

6. Nice heater, but I have had a little issue with the pilot blowing out at times, and like it was said before, if you bump it, it goes out. Overall it heats very well though. I would get another if mine stopped working. It can put out some serious heat if needed.

7. hardwaterfan

where did you guys buy yours?

8. I got mine at Northern Supply they had a clearance sale at the end of winter $39.00

just a FYI
    If you're Find or looking at the Big Buddy model they had some recalls on them a couple of years ago. They were catching fire so keep an eye on the serial numbers things like that seem to find there way to internet

They've got the new ones sorted out
    Geowol

9. hardwaterfan

thanks for the info, im just looking for the little buddy. i have a coleman now, 3000 btu which is not bad, takes the edge off, but after dark it cant keep up. or i am getting older i guess. so i figure 9000 btu should easily do it. i have a trap pro. i wish they made the catalytic burners in a hotter style, 3000 is the max. but they are nice. super clean burning.

10. Got the Little Buddy at Lowes last Jan during the warm spell, half off, $34.oo, (thanks Lundy). 0 degrees had to open up the fish trap after 15 minutes. Love it.

11. i have heated my garage with my mr heater it has high and low 3000-9000 btu they are worth every penny

12. hardwaterfan

thanks for the information guys i went out and got one. now i just cant wait to take it out on the ice.

13. I agree I love mine, and I used it and abused it. I have pieces broken off of the edges and everything else, I think I dropped it down the basement stairs once, and it still works great.