Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife and I are heading to Erie for our anniversary here in a couple of weeks, and was wondering if any of you could make some recommendations on where to stay? We need something that has a marina or slip rental as I don't want to have to trailer every night. Something nice, Port Clinton to Marblehead would be fine.

Thanks much all.

·
Banned
1,784 Posts
Just a few miles east from Port Clinton is a nice area called Sawmill Creek. The resort lodge is sort of fancy and there is an awesome restaurant at the dock. Kind of classy.
There are some fine gentlemen there that can take out a foursome or less at a fair price on 25/27 foot charter boats.

·
Northern Ohio Fisherman
257 Posts
Lakeland motel is right downtown on the river just a minute or two out to lake, not the fanciest place around but it isn't a dump either. They offer guest dockage.
Here's thier website http://www.lakelandmotel.com/
I have no personal experence with the place, just know it's been there along time.

·
Premium Member
10,886 Posts
Roger,

I would suggest a rental condo with a boat slip. One of my friends has a condo at Come Sail Away, on Catawba island. I know that they have rental condo's by the night, week, whatever.

Nice setting, the boat is just a few feet off of your deck.

Check this site out and make a few calls, I'm sure you'll find what you ( and Her) are looking for.

http://www.travellakeerie.com/pccatawbalodging.htm

Have fun,
Kim

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
I have stayed at Skips and its good for a fishing vacation. If your wife is like mine and she is a little picky about where she sleeps might not want to stay there. Sawmill Creek is a very nice place much like any state lodge and they have there own marina.

·
Banned
556 Posts
If your takn the wife i wouldnt recomend Lakeland Motel. Not a real nice place for the ladies! The Island House is a real nice place. Its right there in town. Kind of like a B&B with a real good breakfast included.

·
Premium Member
4,068 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all for your feedback!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts