Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been fishing several times out of Port Clinton but have little to show for it. I like to troll and have been using tt-40's with small stinger spoons. I have been north east of Kelleys to North west of rattlesnake Island. I must be doing something wrong. I sure could use some advise.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Try using some harnesses with meat behind the tt and the fish are deep right now, try up northeast of Kelley's at the shoal and run around 75 back at around 2 mph. really the fishing is better farther east or north in Canada. You can also fish over around west sister, but I don't have any info from over there.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I don't want to fish Canada, But I would try some meat . Do you think that I might be able to put some inline weights in front of rr or other body baits to get them down to the fish?

·
Registered
148 Posts
You can but harnesses are still working very well. Try fishing double willow harnesses up northeast of Kelley's island shoal close to the line but still in U.S waters.

·
Registered
702 Posts
There is actually a near shore bite that developes every year around mid July and can last through the better part of August. I don't know if you are docked in Port Clinton or not, but if you are don't be afraid to head straight out the channel and shut down once you hit 15' of water. You'll want to run hot-n-tots, deep little rippers and even small dipseys with spoons behind. Run the tots and rippers behind planer boards and you can flatline the dipseys behind the boat. Keep your speed @ 2.5 mph. Best colors I have found are purples and pinks with the tots and rippers and gold and orange with the spoons. I've actually been fishing farther west of you over by the Toledo intake but I do know for a fact that limits have been taken over in that area and by Clinton reef. The thing is you have to find the depth that the walleyes are using on that particular day, and it seems to change just about every day. Last week I found em out in 18 to 19' of water (limited out in an hour mind you) and last Tuesday found even shallower in 15 to 16' of water. Oh and another thing don't worry about it if there aren't any boats out there fishing my last 2 times out I haven't had a boat within a mile and a half of me.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info. In will be trying it out on Sunday or Monday. I have my boat slipped at Channel Grove. I will go straight out and watch the graph and attempt to locate the fish. I have several hot and tots that I used to run several years ago when I fished out of Monroe. I will have to dust them off, have not been in the water for a long while. I will also thy out the crawler harnesses. I again want to thank you fishermen for giving me this information. I will let you know how I do.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts