close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Pop-ups

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Stampede, Oct 20, 2004.

1. Stampede

Stampede The Fish Feeder

Every time i log on to this site i get a big pop up in the middle of the screen.Usually a offer for a free something.Like tonight a free computer.I ignore then figuring there has to be a catch but was wondering if anyone else gets these and have you ever tried one?

2. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

I get a ton of them, but never tried them. I filtered out OGF from my anti-pop up list, becasue when blocked my PM's wont come up, but am thinking of blocking it again. You may want to try something like that if you some sort of anti pop up program.

3. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Guys, you shouldn't be getting pop ups from OGF. If you are, let us know the name of the site/network that are sending them and we'll make sure it's from none of our advertisers!

Thanks.

4. monsterKAT11

monsterKAT11 Team Fatty

i've gotten a few off this site, i wouldn't recomend trying them, chances are if you try one then you'll get alot of junkmail and when you go to the site it may put some spyware into your computer.

5. Did OGF get rid of the popunders?

6. You folks need to get a good pop up program. They really work. Try it and you will like it.

good luck

7. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

wheres all the links to these pop-up programs? i need something free.

8. Try Stopzilla. It works great. :)

9. If your getting lots of pop-ups, you should check and see if your not ALREADY infected with spyware. My computer's got a nasty one right now, that nothing has been able to fix. I never had pop ups here until the spyware problem. It has nothing to do with OGF.

10. TxTransplant

TxTransplant Fishin Fool!

Get Lavasoft ad-aware it is great for cleaning out the spyware and is free!

Gene

11. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

Let me put and end to this, right here, right now I hope.

1.) If you are getting a POPUP (defined as an advertisement popping OVER your browser, displaying the ad in full view) when visiting OGF, it is being caused by something other than our advertising.

2.) You will get POPUNDERS here (defined as a pop window that displays UNDER your web browser that will display if you click on it). This is normal.

We us a reputable ad network that filters for spyware and such, so there is not a chance of you catching a virus or trojan as a result of our ads.

If the pop-unders bother you, I recommend you install SP2 for WinXP or a pop-under blocker, as either will surpress the ads.

Thanks. Remember these ads help support OGF. We don't have them here out of our desire to profit, we have them to help cover our monthly costs.

12. Hey you guys if you need any kind of free software go to www.pcworld.com it is a magizine i have been getting for years.They have around 8000 free programs best site around they are also checked for virius. Just go to downloads or search for what you are looking for,i use adaware also spybot which are free.If you happen to get your home page hijacked do a search or key word hijacker and run there program. This is about the best web site you are going to find when it comes to computers so try it guys i think you will agree. Good luck FISHGUY :)

13. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

I guess it was the pop under thing that I got. Shoot, I'm not gripping about it, its something that has to be in order to help OGF run. So I understand completely, no big deal to me.