close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

pool leveling help/advice needed

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by exexec, Jul 6, 2004.

1. i bought a pool from wally world for my backyard. I tried to level ground but my pool collapsed last night-quite a river 5600 gals. Any advice on "how to do-it" would be much appreciated. If anyone near akron wants to help I'd be willing to pay ya!

2. Call a swimming pool co.they will do it right the first time!Been there done that.

3. It's been a while, but I've helped put up a couple. It's really not hard at all. First, you need a bed of sand to put it on. Then, with a transit, a partner, and some rakes, make sure you get everything level. Make sure you have blocks under the supports posts around the perimeter. Make sure they're seated good and level as well.

4. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

OMG, I told you not to do a belly flop in that sucker before verifying the weight restriction for that pool. Are you sure the pool collapsed or was it just the tidal wave? I bet your neighbors are now pissed that they have a new pond in their back yard, and the geese have taken up residence there now. Oh god, I could go on and on, this was too easy. John, if you want help, call me.....

flash------------------------------------out

5. I used a line level and mine is good to go... Do as M.Magis suggested and use the line level..

6. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

John, when I helped my brother do his, we pounded a stake in the exact center and tied a string longer than the final diameter to it right at ground level. We used a cheap "line level" that attaches(actually hangs on) to the line. Make sure that you tie the string at the exact height you want the base to be(right down at the ground), and make everywhere else that height with the sand within the pool diameter plus a couple inches.

7. Thank you all (less Ben) for the input. I will get it right yet!!!!! I have to get some fish in there so I can see how my lures run!!!!!!LOL

8. YES YES YES thanks for all the advice and a public thank you to JOHNBOY for the help. My file size too big can't post the pic. Can someone email me at exexecoh@aol.com on how to do this