Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Team NuCanoe
527 Posts
Funny you posted this. My buddy and I were just going over all the ponds and creeks in the area. I believe it is state owned and I cannot remember the pond name. I will ask my buddy again and post.

Cheers Ed

·
Team NuCanoe
527 Posts
You can also check the pond north of toledo express airport. Back in the day you could fish there but I have not been there is a while.

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You can also check the pond north of toledo express airport. Back in the day you could fish there but I have not been there is a while.
Remember what you were catching at the one at toledo express? and i take it that one is state owned too?

·
Team NuCanoe
527 Posts
The one on Co Rd D is Fulton County Pond and state owned. 99% sure of it but its been awhile. As for the one north of Toledo Express, it used to owned by a farmer and you paid him a couple of dollars.

·
Registered
389 Posts
The one on Co Rd D is Fulton County Pond and state owned. 99% sure of it but its been awhile. As for the one north of Toledo Express, it used to owned by a farmer and you paid him a couple of dollars.
I don't know what the pond on the map is, but it is NOT the Fulton County Pond I know by that name. The pond I know is obviously a borrow pit from turnpike construction, and is within a stone's throw of that road. The N/S road just to the east is County 3.

I've fished that pond a couple times. Maybe there's something worthwhile in there, but all I ever caught/saw was dink bluegill, carp, mud, weeds, and more weeds. Not to mention tics.

Jim

·
d{>_
519 Posts
Really? Ok I stand corrected. I did check the ODNR web site and it did not list it as a state pond.
Just cause it isn't listed doesn't mean its not a state pond. There is a pond down by Tiffin that isn't listed but is a state pond

·
Registered
4 Posts
Drive by this all the time. If memory serves me correctly it used to be one of the many gravel pits. After they got done using it, the property was sold, much like the one on the other side of the road towards 3 owned by an attorney.

The past month or so they have put up a huge earthen wall that blocks your view of the ponds from the road. I have seen 1 person fishing there before, but there is a private gate that is usually closed.

Definately not state owned!

·
Registered
389 Posts
The Fulton Pond that I described in my post below, at the turnpike and County Rd 3, is an ODNR-administered state fishing site. So says the small billboard at the entrance.

Jim

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The Fulton Pond that I described in my post below, at the turnpike and County Rd 3, is an ODNR-administered state fishing site. So says the small billboard at the entrance.

Jim
Checked it out on google map...looks like there is alot of weed..is it easy to fish and what have you guys caught in there?

·
Registered
4 Posts
I stopped by briefly today at Fulton Pond - just 1 boat there. I think the sign said 10hp limit. It is fairly wooded there so if you tried bank fishing chances are you'd get a visit from a tick or two.

The water looked good but was pretty well weed covered. I think it'd be worth a shot though at least!

·
Team NuCanoe
527 Posts
Thanks Deer Hunter, I just came back from southwestern michigan, kalamazoo area and there lakes within stone throwing distance ..... it seems

·
Registered
27 Posts
ice fished fulton pond this past winter. couldn't find any deep spots. plenty of weeds and mosquitos now. good luck. other pond on d i believe was a sand pit at one time. there are several in the area that are privately owned. that one was for sale for some time. see people fishing fulton pond often though. some with float tubes. they say there are bass and crappie in there, used to be pike, i've never seen anything but the remains of some walleye from erie some idiot dumped by the edge of the water one time.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts