close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Ponds and Rain

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Walter Adkins, Aug 20, 2007.

1. Hit a local pond this after noon while it was raining. Got several with most being about like this lber.

[​IMG]

I did get one 3lber on crank bait but the rain was coming down so hard that I was not willing to soak the camera just for the picture. Most came on the buzz bait as long as the rain stayed light to medium. When mother nature turned the bucket upside down I switched to a white spinner bait and landed several bass on it. The crank bait seemed to be working good but mother nature decided to let loose with a few lighting bolts and this hill billy decided not to play any longer. But I did have fun and ended up just as wet as the bass I was after.

2. Nice one! I've not fished in that sort of rain but I may try :)

Man we needed this rain. My favorite pond was down over 5' and I was starting to really worry - the pond was reduced to 1/3 of it's size and quarters were getting cramped. I can't wait to go out there and see if the rain has helped yet - for once in my life I'm saying "Bring on the rain!".

Bill

3. I stopped by my favorite pond and the water level is back to normal. The boy and I caught a pretty 1lb LM. I tried a white spinner and got a couple of hits but couldn't land any - went to a jitterbug and BAM.

4. i did some pond fishing last night for a couple of hours and landed 5 smallies and 7 bluegill - white popeye jig tipped with wax worms and a black buzzbait.

the gills were everywhere!

5. Nothing like top water action, is there. Glad to here you guys getting out and finding the pond action working for you to.