close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Pond

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Cat Man, Jun 7, 2007.

1. I always fish a private pond. It has a lot of bass and i know there are huge ones in there but i can't seem to get them. Does anyone have any tips on this?

There is barley any structure in the pond where should i fish for the bass.

2. If you invite me to this private pond I'll show ya ;)

I would try going out a little deeper for the bigger bass... but I could be wrong.

3. I fish a lot of private ponds around central Ohio, my best bass lure is definetely the "Kellys Plow Jockey" in the purple color. Put a split shot on it about 18 inches from the worm. I also use 3/8oz pond magic buzzbaits almost any color, the best for me is white/chartreuse, and rip them real fast across the surface. Yes I catch a bunch in the evening, that is generally when I go because its right after work. I even catch a good bit on poppers also. Just my 2cents.

4. Flathead King 06

Flathead King 06 click...click...click

use live bait....catch some smaller gills and use them around 3-4 feet deep around the edges, or use poppers and buzzbaits around the edges around sundown or a little after

5. my biggest LM to date came out of a heavily fished private pond. He ignored lots of lures but just nailed a watermelon 4" tube.

6. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

I defenitly agree with vikingfisher i do the exact same :)

7. SINKO BOYS SINKO 5incher no weight