Pond this Morning

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by topwaterdevil, Jun 28, 2007.

1. topwaterdevil

topwaterdevil SMB and Saugeyes.

Fished a local pond this morning from about 6:30 to 8:30. Fishing was kind of slow- I pulled in a fat 14" bass on a plastic worm around 8 and a 10" on topwater around 7. Also caught a couple of gills. There seemed to be more action early than late. I think the fish are slowing down with the water being warm and low. The 14" fish pulled pretty well, but didn't come to the surface for a jump- kind of surprising. Earlier in the month I was catching them left and right. Maybe I should get there earlier next time. Anyone else having similar luck? Suggestions?

2. OSU_Fisherman

OSU_Fisherman Bassin' Buckeye

There is a pond at my old high school that I've been fishing quite a bit in the last few weeks. I was pulling in decent bass and catfish on Roadrunners left and right. They're both fun on the ultralite set-up.
    The past week and a half, the bite has been really rough. I caught nothing a few times out. Then, the last two trips, I've ripped a roadrunner through the water. Seems like the faster speed is enticing the bite for me.

3. OSU_Fisherman

OSU_Fisherman Bassin' Buckeye

I should have mentioned that I have mainly been fishing this pond in the late evening. Usually head out there between 6 and 7 then stay til dark (9:30ish).

4. Bubba bass bigfoot

Bubba bass bigfoot Lucky Fisher, or skilled?

sounds like a good day. i do my best late in the day, evening, 40mins before dark or right before dark 5-10mins. then again dont do all that much early morning fishing.

5. I fished a pond earlier in the week and didnt start until almost noon, my son and I did fair but I think we would have done better to have started around 7 or so.