Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
fish breath
567 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
has anyone ever fished the pond thats on the north side of alexis road between benore and detroit? i think it actually sits on stickney avenue kinda next to the railroad. i drive by it about everyday and it looks like it might hold a few fish. just wondering if anyone hits it or not?

·
Carp53.65
4,188 Posts
If its on railroad property I would not even consider fishing it.

·
Registered
507 Posts
I think I have many years ago. If it's the one I am thinking of I caught nothing. A guy that was building rods back then said there were crappies there. Good luck if you ntry it.

·
Native2 Grtr Toledo Area
34 Posts
If it is the pond I see on Google Maps: 41.723822,-83.528284

SE of 6041 Benore, (North of Alexis and Stickney) it appears to belong to Gerken Materials 6100 N Detroit (419) 478-5876

I have never fished there. Please let me know if this helps and if they allow you to try it !!!

·
Registered
102 Posts
I use to work back in there and would drive by all the time, my curiosity got the best of me and I knew there had to be some nice fish in there!...it sits back in, almost unnoticeable, with lots of tree cover and fallen trees in the water...soo...I called up a couple buddies and told them I had a secret spot that I bet no one ever fishes and has to hold some nice bass, crappie etc...we meet there one weekend morning, get our gear and head across the tracks...get to the water and were like a bunch of little school girls soo excited how great the water looked...clean, clear, vegitation, fallen trees....everything a fish would ever want!....right?......nooooo...absolutely not...fished for a few hours and not a damn thing but a bunch of dink bluegill!!....I couldn't believe it!....and either could they....owell definitely worth a shot and glad I cured my curiosity. ...

·
Native2 Grtr Toledo Area
34 Posts
Very interesting. My guess is it is too shallow. I imagine you threw everything in the tackle box. Did anyone confront you?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts