close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Pond info and Hello

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by StuckAtHome, Apr 29, 2004.

1. StuckAtHome

StuckAtHome Mad SOT YAKER!

Hello guys, just found this site, hope its more active than the other site i have used a couple years. Have the bass turned on enough in small (10 acre) ponds yet to catch them on faster moving lures and are they in pre-spawn mode yet or is it way too cold yet? I might kayak the next couple days(health permitting and if wife allows it,lol) and I prefer to throw faster type baits, any info would be great.

Looks like a nice site!

Mike

2. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Things are cranking up here on a larger reservoir. Water temps are up in the upper 50's now. Fish seem to be chasing cranks and sticks pretty regularly on the north bank when there is a southerly wind. I would say unless your pond is in a cold climate, or has a natural spring bringing cold water, it should be ready to go.

3. Hey stuck, I remember you from the "other site". How you been doing? Still in Columbus?

4. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Stuck...we've been nailing the LM's crankin on the larger reserviors...I would assume ponds are even warmer, so you should be good.

Welcome!

5. I would think so since weather has been good this week. Two weeks ago, was catching bass on lizards and floating rapala's. If any bass have spawned yet, then they might be hungry. Of course, the only way to find out is get out. Good luck!

6. StuckAtHome

Don't know what happened over there, everyone left...

Thanks for the replies, haven't been out yet, one long bad spring for me but I'm ready now to get the kayak out. Nobody hardly fishes this subdivision pond because its surrounded by houses, only owners can fish it and its huge, 9 plus acres full of bass, crappie, bluegill and channels. If it doesn't rain friday I will try again. Thanks again
    Mike

7. catking

catking Banned

Hey StuckAtHome !! Nice to see you visit the site.Enjoy your stay and thanks for joining. CATKING :)

8. Welcome! Good to see you here!
    I have caught a few small bass at Antrim but none at Homestead or the park at Industrial and 42 (fish them at lunch time). Have been catching some very nice bluegils and crappie though.

9. StuckAtHome

Gonna try today(friday) around 1pm or so if the weather looks good, hope they are bitting, would love to catch them on my favorite spring lune, double colorado spinnerbait in white, why is it white always seems to be the color in spring, at Hargus thats all they would hit or at least you get the most bites from. If that doesn't work a shallow crank or maybe a meduim to small jerk bait. Pray for SUN( and no wind, man it makes it rough on a kayak...)

Mike

10. gonefishin'

gonefishin' Lifestyle Farmer

I've been hitting a small ( 3/4 acre ) pond regularly. Last Sat. I got five LM all small save for one 16 incher on a spinner bait. Didn't get the first one for 1.5 hrs. They wouldn't hit tubes, worms or anything else. They were not hitting hard just sort of picking the lure up. I will try again this weekend and let ya'll know.