Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Buddy of mine has access to a pond that he's never fished before, so Saturday morning we decided to give it a try. We fished from 8am to 11:30am and the rain was off and on from calm, sprinkles and back to a down pour the entire time, but it actually felt really good. During that time frame we caught about 40+ bass, it was insane. The bass average from about 1-4lbs. We caught them on senkos, flick and shimmy's, swim jigs, swimbaits, crappie jigs, craws and frogs. After catching about 15 Bass I got tired and decided to see if there were some monster bluegills in the pond.
I picked up my light tackle gear. MicroMaster 7ft. Super ultra light rod fishing 2lb test fishing with a 2 inch grub. I ended up catching about 25-30 monster bluegills, I could have spent all-day fishing for them. I didn't get any pictures of them because at the time the rain was just to heavy to take my phone out and snap a couple pictures.

Even tho the fishing was awesome at this pond, I still cant wait for the rivers and creeks to go back down. Yeah you can still fish high murky rivers and creeks. But I think ill stick to the ponds and search for some lunkers.

Attachments

·
Annyong!
1,461 Posts
Nice fish, sounds like those poor fish didn't know what hit em.

I agree with your river comment also.

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
nice fish guys...im with ya..cant wait for the rivers to be at a decent level again..

·
Registered
759 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is that the havoc sick fish in the third pic? How do you like those? I was thinking about ordering a few packs

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
I like them a lot, I bought a ton of them when they first came out. I rig them on a 4/0 - 1/8 oz. Owner Beast Swimbait hook for the 4inch sick fish. Hook fits in the slot perfect for a weed-less presentation. And I like the smaller ones I think you get 5 in a pack for 2.99, they a perfect for rivers and creeks.

http://www.basspro.com/Owner-Weighted-Beast-with-TwistLock-Hooks-Model-5130W/product/10202743/

1 - 9 of 9 Posts