close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

pond fishin with my dad

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by hardwaterfan, Dec 14, 2008.

1. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

my dad and i went out to a pond yesterday to hit the ice. we werent 100% sure if we'd even be able to fish. when we got there we found the ice was pretty solid, 3 to 3 1/2 consistently across the pond. i drilled holes all the way out as we ventured out.

Attached Files:

2. hardwaterfan

my first fish of the season.

Attached Files:

3. hardwaterfan

where we were we didnt mark any fish right away. but they came through regularly in packs of maybe 2-5 fish. when they came through, they were looking to eat! this is the result of a gill pack that came through.....both rods out of the water with fish on. :D

Attached Files:

4. neocats1

neocats1 Team Catastrophe

way to go. I'm not sure about going much yet. It's raining here right now.

5. hardwaterfan

my dad taking some home for mom.

Attached Files:

6. hardwaterfan

respectable gill in the pile

Attached Files:

7. hardwaterfan

last shot, a gill with one of my favorite gill jigs in its mouth. tipped with a waxie, they wouldnt take maggots today. this one tangled in my other line.

all in all, a great day of ice fishing.

Attached Files:

8. peon

peon account delete

GEEE wish i had the gas money and a baby sitter... id be fishing ! looks like you had a good day.. at least you got out on some ice and had a good time with your dad... i cant get my dad to fish with me..

9. swone

swone ol' pal Steve

Way to go HWF! My mouth started watering looking at those fat gills. I haven't found any where that has that much ice yet. I have several of "those" ponds myself but I don't want to drive 45 minutes until I know they're good to go! I figured you must have been out somewhere when I didn't see any new posts from you most of the day yesterday. Thanks for giving all of us something to keep us going.

10. hardwaterfan

lol :D that bad huh?

thanks guys, its over for now im sure but its only mid-december. its gonna be a LONG winter with lots of opportunities for all of us. (i hope)

11. NICE! Looks like it was a great first trip out. I'm hoping there'll be good ice pretty soon! Good gill too!

12. All of us who had the opportunity to fish with our dads can certainly relate to your excitement & enthusiasm. Congrats and keep makin' memories.