close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Pond Crappie

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by jvanmiller, Mar 15, 2005.

1. are the pond crappie hitting yet? Ive gone twice this year and not had a single hit. I saw some guy on another post with some amazing pictures of som huge crappie but I think he was fishin in a lake somewhere. I dont have a boat but love to fish if anyone is going to saltfork, piedmont or clendenig I'm up for riding along.

thx Chris

2. I don't know about the crappie but the bluegill weren't hitting today (3/15). I hit a local pond for some gills but didn't even have a nibble. It's still early about but it was sunny and beautiful. I also had to take a break from PAINTING!

3. I caught 5 crappie today at a pond around wills creek. The one was 161/2 inches and weighed 2lbs. I was shocked when I got it in I thought it was a Bass. One of you guys should have taken me up on the offer for a fishin buddy and you could have shared in the fun. Tell me what you all think.

Chris

Attached Files:

4. steelmagoo

steelmagoo Enjigneer

Nice. Been forever since I got one in the +16" class. That would make a nice crappie-on-kaiser roll "belly mount".

5. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

i need to go fishing....bad

6. Me, too!!!!

7. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Awesome fish! I hope I can make it down your way soon. I am going to get some minnies today and maybe even hit a pond and try for some tonight!