Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Women had girls night planned so the guys gathered some beer and went fishing for some cats. The bite was good and didn't let us sit down to much. We missed a few, had a 30"+ snap off at the bank from having the drag to tight on 10lb line. Lost my scale but biggest went 27" and roughly 6-7 lbs. smallest went 19". some were caught on cheap lighter rods with 10lb line and loose drag, lots of fun. My buddy doesn't fish much at all and he had a blast so it was fun. All were caught on beef liver soaked in chicken liver or cut shad. Biggest cat hit a 1"x1" piece of fresh cut shad.

Side note I got an app on my phone that follows the moon phases and tells you the best time to fish is. Idk if it works or not but the whole time we were fishing it said it was the best time to fish and we had bites the whole time. When time was up on the app our bite fell off almost completely. Kinda weird.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Just a thought. You may wanna censor your location in the images for the app. For your privacy I mean.
Thanks but its not even close. If anyone wants to come uninvited I have several little "loud" friends that can assist me in having unwanted guests leave. :)

·
Registered
241 Posts
Ok I just downloaded the app. I cant figure out what the green times and what the orange times mean in the app, the second pic you uploaded.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Green is best time to fish. Orange is better but not best. If you don't understand it refer to the diagram instead. It's the same thing just different chart.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I downloaded My Fishing Advisor instead...because it's free. I think it does the same thing. Pick type of water you're fishing, the species, time of day, location, and it tells you when the fish should be biting. I'm gonna try it out over the next few weeks.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts