close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Pond Care question and possible idea for a new forum.

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Spidey2721, May 24, 2005.

1. Ok now that I am done with the worlds longest title. :rolleyes:

The family pond is a lil over run with algae. I have put a shading product in it and it worked pretty good. Lately though the algae has made a come back.

A little info about the pond. It has blue gills, bass, crappie, catfish and I guess perch although I have never caught one out of it. (caught by my sister so I think she miss id it) It has no fountain or other similar device right now. The pond has only been in the family 2 seasons. This being the second.

Copper Sulfate was used in the pond last year but not by me. I do not want to use it this year becasue it is know to cause harm to fry and eggs during spawn period. A fountain is going to be put in but I dont know when. Grass Carp will also be put in but agan I dont know when. What other options do I have open to me right now.

Last but not least. How about a forum for pond owners to ask questions like this in? Also for any pond owners here is a little info that is a must read. click'it

Later,
    jay

2. Spidey 2721, Grass carp are really a great thing to have. It takes awhile after you stock them to see any effects. A new fountain will also help aerate and idsperse the moss and algae.

3. your on the right track. I like the bubblers better because they turn over the water where a fountain just takes care of the top 1 or 2 foot of water. Plus usually the bubblers are cheaper to run 110 volts.

I like the idea of a pond forum :p