close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Pond Bassin'

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by StuckAtHome, Aug 1, 2007.

1. StuckAtHome

StuckAtHome Mad SOT YAKER!

Went to take my boy out in a lake so he can fish out of the yak for the first time on flat water, he did very good, all he "caught" was a dead bass,lol, kids. I went with my neighbor buddy I fish with sometimes and his boy, his first fishing yak trip( 4 yaks, ouch!) and he got skunked. Chuck caught about 5 medium LM and I got about 15 LM and lost a whole darn bag of senkos!!!! They work like mad but the darn bass throw them when they fight, and I caught most wacky style and lost a dozen that way, jeez. All in all a fun night, only took one pic of one of MY bass.:D :D
    Mike

Attached Files:

2. Bubba bass bigfoot

Bubba bass bigfoot Lucky Fisher, or skilled?

3. shwookie

shwookie fishing from a kayak

hmmm, maybe I will go next time, lol.

4. StuckAtHome

I TOLD you in the PM this pond has Hogs in it, and I lost two bigger than that!

That fish had a huge head on her and its girth was massive, pond water was hot as bath water, so I put her back after a quick pic and a kiss, I've always liked the big girls.
    Mike

5. crittergitter

crittergitter Multi Species Angler

Nice bass Mike. Sounds like a nice evening out on the water.

CG

6. StuckAtHome

Thanks, after losing almost all of my senkos the last two trips, I ordered 3 more packs of 3 different copies of the senko after much research. But after reading alot of articles on senkos and copies, most people say there is no match for action and results of the original, I hope they are wrong.
    Mike

7. FLT_TUBE_JNKY

FLT_TUBE_JNKY Uber Tuber

that pond sounds like a good spot to take the belly tubes. wink, wink...nudge.

8. OSU_Fisherman

OSU_Fisherman Bassin' Buckeye

I've tried 3 or 4 different senko knock-offs and I have gone back to Gary Yamamoto every time. I like some of the qualities of a couple knock-offs, but I just was not able to match the numbers of fish I caught with Yamamoto plastics. Hopefully they work for you though. If they do, fill me in on what brand you did buy because I'd definitely give them a shot.

9. StuckAtHome

Evan I think you have something in your eye!

I just had an idea, why don't you and I try the float tubes there sometime soon? The water is so warm wet tubing sounds fun, and its small enough so that even I could not screw up.
    Mike

10. I agree that it's pretty hard to beat the original. I ran out of them last week in Canada and the local bait shop only had the 3X sinking copy. They weren't quite as heavy so they didn't sink as fast or cast as far but were tougher. It would hold up to about 3 or 4 smallies on each one as opposed to 1 or 2 on the senko.

I hear that putting a rubber O-ring in the middle and hooking to that will extend the life. Now that I think about it, it seems it could possibly increase hooks because more of the hook would be exposed.

11. Bubba bass bigfoot

Bubba bass bigfoot Lucky Fisher, or skilled?

I have the BPS ones in Green pumpkin and havenot had a bite on them. I hade the real ones in natural shad and hey were gone in 2 trips lol.

12. StuckAtHome

I bought from BPS 3 packages of clones due today or tomorrow(better be here!)

Bass Pro Shops® Tournament Series® Stik-O™ Soft Plastic Jerkbait - 3" - Smoke Purple Flake
    Bass Pro Shops® Tournament Series® Stik-O™ Soft Plastic Jerkbait - 3" - Watermelonseed
    Yum® Dinger™ Worm - 4" - Ozark Smoke
    with some hooks that are the bomb:
    Gamakatsu® Skip Gap Hooks - #3/0 - 5 Pack

I'll report this weekend if they work or not.
    Mike