close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

pond bassin"

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by bill_gfish, May 9, 2004.

1. bill_gfish

bill_gfish Well, Gee Whiz!

Went out this morning from about 8:30 till 10:30 to a farm pond to do some bassin. Would have went sooner but decided to stay out till 2 gettin skunked cat fishing. landed around 18 on a june bug zoom lizzard texas rigged. Tried dif. shallow runners, spinners and top water lures. Started with lizzard and ended with lizzard cuz others didn't produce. Got 2 at 17", one at 16, a few around a pound and the rest were around 10 inches. Haven't bass fished much in a year but needed a change of pace, a faster one at that. Missed a couple more good ones and alot of small ones. Had a blast.

Bill

2. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Glad to see you caught some fish Bill..You are right, this cattin stuff can get very slow and a tad bit boring...Often in the past couple year I have felt like giving it up for other species.

3. catking

catking Banned

That's pretty good for a catter billy boy ;) Not bad at all. Jackson, I fish for carp 90 % of the time now, and limit my cattin to special trips, like to your honey holes :cool: DA KING !!!