Ohio Game Fishing banner

will you take the vaccine?

• yes

• no

161 - 180 of 219 Posts

·
Saw guy
10,002 Posts
I think the flu is down because the same thing that prevents Covid (masks, staying away from people, hand washing) prevents other stuff too. Haven't had a cold or anything else since this started. Not a single person in the immediate family (12 people) has had the flu or a cold. But everyone's lucky enough to be able to work from home and the schools where the grandchildren attend are and have been mask required, always.
iF THE FIU IS DOWN BECAUSE OF MASKS SOCIAL DISTANCE HAND WASHING WHY IS RONA UP?

·
Registered
661 Posts
A friend of mine who is medical field thinks some of the positive Covid test are actually flu types A or B. He thinks that the reagents may react with mutations of both similar to Covid. That and they aren't testing for A or B and covid is getting all the attention. Even though they are morphologically different the reagents may react enough to give a false positive. Just one more turd in the pot ....it still stinks

·
Banned
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #165
A friend of mine who is medical field thinks some of the positive Covid test are actually flu types A or B. He thinks that the reagents may react with mutations of both similar to Covid. That and they aren't testing for A or B and covid is getting all the attention. Even though they are morphologically different the reagents may react enough to give a false positive. Just one more turd in the pot ....it still stinks
Any studies or literature?

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
I get my second dose tomorrow morning.
Curious how you got both your 1st & 2nd doses already ? The Pfizer vaccine arrived in Ohio on the 15th of December & the Moderna version arrived appx 1 week later. Our first responders & front line healthcare workers vaccines (Moderna) started the latter part of last week here in Mercer County. Auglaize County had things in place a few days earlier. We were told that our 2nd dose would be given in another month.

·
'Super Moderator'
12,078 Posts
Curious how you got both your 1st & 2nd doses already ? The Pfizer vaccine arrived in Ohio on the 15th of December & the Moderna version arrived appx 1 week later. Our first responders & front line healthcare workers vaccines (Moderna) started the latter part of last week here in Mercer County. Auglaize County had things in place a few days earlier. We were told that our 2nd dose would be given in another month.
Was curious of the same.
Our schedule for work is for a month apart as well starting at the end of this month.

·
Registered
949 Posts
Inquiring minds want to know

·
Banned
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #170
First dose was 12/15, second dose today 1/5. This is the Pfizer vaccine. I work at at one of the few main hospitals in the state that got the vaccine first. I dont work at some rural hospital, I work at a place that hospitals send their sickest patients....
k8

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
First dose was 12/15, second dose today 1/5. This is the Pfizer vaccine. I work at at one of the few main hospitals in the state that got the vaccine first. I dont work at some rural hospital, I work at a place that hospitals send their sickest patients.... View attachment 461533 k8
Work or resident? ;-)

Let us know when your third arm starts growing out of your back. If you want, you can have mine, too.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
LK, sounds like you managed to be at the front of the vaccine line in your part of the state. Our County Health Department was the lead agency for vaccinations & sat on them for over a week before the vaccine process ramped up. A slow roll-out was one of the leading stories on the news (again) tonight. I did learn that recipients of the Pfizer vaccine should get the 2nd dose 3 weeks after the initial shot was administered. Military personnel @ Wright Patterson AFB receiving their first shots today was another news item I saw tonight. Unfortunately, a fairly high percentage of healthcare workers in our local nursing homes did not elect to receive the vaccine. About half of our Covid-19 related deaths in Mercer County were nursing home residents who contracted the virus in their living environment. I hope our elderly parents have access to vaccines soon. Mike

·
Banned
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #174

·
Powderfinger
7,667 Posts
I voted yes and will get it but I’ll tell you, I don’t like the looks of that 1 1/2” needle they have on the tip of those syringes. None of the several vaccines I received in the past several years have used a garden hose like this covid stick.
Any reason lk why the use of such a long needle for this particular vaccine?
That thing could almost pass through my skinny little arm!

161 - 180 of 219 Posts