Ohio Game Fishing banner

will you take the vaccine?

• yes

• no

181 - 200 of 219 Posts

·
Walleyez Hunter
2,673 Posts
First dose was 12/15, second dose today 1/5. This is the Pfizer vaccine. I work at at one of the few main hospitals in the state that got the vaccine first. I dont work at some rural hospital, I work at a place that hospitals send their sickest patients.... View attachment 461533 k8
So no more masking? Or social distancing?

·
Registered
16,656 Posts
I voted yes and will get it but I’ll tell you, I don’t like the looks of that 1 1/2” needle they have on the tip of those syringes. None of the several vaccines I received in the past several years have used a garden hose like this covid stick.
Any reason lk why the use of such a long needle for this particular vaccine?
That thing could almost pass through my skinny little arm!
Yea I noticed the same thing. Never saw such a long needle for a shot. Social distancing?

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
My arm was sore for a day or two. It was a long needle indeed. I am set for dose #2 of Moderna on 1/20/21. A few that I know had mild side effects, and one friend who normally reacts poorly to vaccines needed some assistance (but planned for it ahead of time) but the rest...no issues. My wife is a teacher and she will be getting vaccinated very soon. She was recently in the hospital for 5 days for emergency surgery and speaking with one of the nurses who works every other day in the ICU convinced her that she should get the vaccine. My Dad survived COVID without the hospital. His wife was in ICU for a week. She survived. Her sister died last week from it. One of my Dad's life-long friends died from COVID in that same week. In fact, the list is growing every week of folks that my Dad knows who are dying from COVID. I feel horrible for him....they thought the whole thing was a joke right up until about August when it started to hit their rural area.

After what he has been through in the past two months, my Dad cannot fathom why anyone would turn down the vaccine.

·
Registered
807 Posts
I wasn’t allowed to say anything until today, but it's now okay for me to share that I volunteered for the Covid-19 vaccine from Pfizer. The vaccine is the one that has been developed in Russia. It is in 6 different stages and I received my first dose at 6:20 this morning and I wanted to let you know that it is totally safe and I’m ok, with иo side effects whatsoeveя, and that I feelshκι я чувю себя немного стрно и я думю, что вытл осные уши. чувству себя немго страо. хорошего дня, Comrade.”

·
Registered
1,252 Posts
I wasn’t allowed to say anything until today, but it's now okay for me to share that I volunteered for the Covid-19 vaccine from Pfizer. The vaccine is the one that has been developed in Russia. It is in 6 different stages and I received my first dose at 6:20 this morning and I wanted to let you know that it is totally safe and I’m ok, with иo side effects whatsoeveя, and that I feelshκι я чувю себя немного стрно и я думю, что вытл осные уши. чувству себя немго страо. хорошего дня, Comrade.”
Are you sure you got the vaccine and not the placebo ?

кенпи орпавке лшгнрр ипролдджзщ орнежщ ффыйцукеквы .???

·
Banned
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #189

·
Registered
726 Posts
My 90 year old uncle, 88 year old aunt, and my daughter's 70 year old mother-in-law all got the vaccine in Florida over the past few weeks. No ill effects--none. I'm tired of may's and might's. Millions of folks world wide, including over 5 million in this country, have gotten one of these vaccines with only a few adverse reactions and none of those folks died or even have continuing problems. Stack that against the potential adverse effects of getting Covid OR giving it to someone else...I'm getting the vaccine just as soon as I can.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Millions of folks world wide, including over 5 million in this country, have gotten one of these vaccines with only a few adverse reactions and none of those folks died or even have continuing problems.
Just more media lies, no doubt. We, the people, shouldn't be allowed to read, and mainstream media shouldn't be allowed to publish, stuff like this without someone trying their very best to control the party line and embellish and polish the facts.

·
Banned
1,858 Posts
Discussion Starter #192
Just more media lies, no doubt. We, the people, shouldn't be allowed to read, and mainstream media shouldn't be allowed to publish, stuff like this without someone trying their very best to control the party line and embellish and polish the facts.
don't understand?

·
Registered
661 Posts
Read through all those reports on that data base and I saw none that I could reasonably suspicion the vaccine as being a primary contributor in the patients death. Almost all had co-morbities that in of themselves could have been the cause of death. These are simply people who were very ill and had got the vaccine and later died. You can read into information whatever you want. I reviewed research many times and my life and one thing I found to be true most of the time was there was bias directing analysis, in an effort to get the desired answer. That is why information by it's self is not always reliable. Good reporting has peer reviews and unbiased reviewers. In my opinion this data base is raw information and not a determinative finding.

What I know as fact is in my small community at least 5 people have died of Covid-19 and that is 5 more than I ever heard of dying from a vaccine. It's still a choice, and all I ask is that each of us at least weigh as many facts as possible in making that choice. Our lives may well depend on it. I trust the science behind it and will get vaccinated soon as I can.

·
Walleyez Hunter
2,673 Posts
Read through all those reports on that data base and I saw none that I could reasonably suspicion the vaccine as being a primary contributor in the patients death. Almost all had co-morbities that in of themselves could have been the cause of death. These are simply people who were very ill and had got the vaccine and later died. You can read into information whatever you want. I reviewed research many times and my life and one thing I found to be true most of the time was there was bias directing analysis, in an effort to get the desired answer. That is why information by it's self is not always reliable. Good reporting has peer reviews and unbiased reviewers. In my opinion this data base is raw information and not a determinative finding.

What I know as fact is in my small community at least 5 people have died of Covid-19 and that is 5 more than I ever heard of dying from a vaccine. It's still a choice, and all I ask is that each of us at least weigh as many facts as possible in making that choice. Our lives may well depend on it. I trust the science behind it and will get vaccinated soon as I can.
So, everyone is always asking where the source is and I post a ( source with information in it ) and it’s not what You believe so it’s not true? Wow just wow.

·
Registered
5,080 Posts
Wife just got her first dose today. Only because the health care workers in front of her turned it down.

·
Registered
56 Posts
...don't understand?
Did you read the story in the link? If not, here's the Cliff Notes version:
  1. A very healthy, 56 y/o doctor who was fluent in Spanish and worked in Japan for several years got a BioNTec vaccine shot.
  2. The doctor developed an emergency condition.
  3. The doctor died.
  4. CDC and FDA are investigating the incident, focusing their public narrative on the bereaved family, foreign languages, and overseas employment opportunities.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Burkcarp1, I agree it's interesting information, but not determinate as to what actually the cause of death was. I'm not saying anything is untrue, I just don't see where it says the vaccine was the full cause of death. I appreciate the link and found it quite interesting, but I can't say from the information the vaccine killed them. As I have said before, it's just my opinion, no offense intended. Please continue to post any information you find, it can only help us all learn more.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Sheesh, did you read the problems some of them had. Surprised they made it to even get the vaccine. Digging deep. One patient was already non responsive before being administered vaccine. Smh.

·
Registered
726 Posts
Even if I believed that 13 people died exclusively from the vaccine (and I don't), the rate is barely measurable. Listening to this group would bring back polio, whooping cough, and a whole host of other illnesses that killed and maimed millions of people over the years. While there is no doubt that some people should not take a vaccine given their current health, the vast majority of us should. However, I respect anyone's decision to abstain from a vaccine or any other medical treatment. In this case, it just clears the way for those who DO want it, so feel free to step aside. Over time, Darwin's theories have a way of sorting this type of thing out.

The National Vaccine Information Center (NVIC), founded under the name Dissatisifed Parents Together (DPT) in 1982, is an American 501(c)(3)[1] organization that has been widely criticized as a leading source of fearmongering and misinformation about vaccines.[2][3][4] While NVIC describes itself as the "oldest and largest consumer led organization advocating for the institution of vaccine safety and informed consent protections",[5] it promotes false and misleading information including the discredited claim that vaccines cause autism,[6][7][8] and its campaigns portray vaccination as risky, encouraging people to consider "alternatives."[9]
Like other anti-vaccination groups, NVIC has been investing heavily into its social media presence in the 2010s. In addition to developing their own social media channels, the organization pushes anti-vaccination messages to online gatherings of young parents, anti-GMO activists and wellness enthusiasts.[10] However, due the group's decision to stick to Facebook as their main social media channel, they experienced only a small growth of their social media base, while other anti-vaccination groups such as Children's Health Defense saw their impact increase considerably on systems such as Instagram during the COVID-19 pandemic.[11]

Background
The organization was co-founded in 1982 by Jeff Schwartz, Barbara Loe Fisher, and Kathi Williams under the name Dissatisfied Parents Together (DPT).[12]:8 Each of them had observed the health of one of their children deteriorate at some point after receiving a dose of the DPT vaccine and had watched a television broadcast of the film DPT: Vaccine Roulette, which drew an erroneous causal link between DPT vaccines and illnesses of some children who received them.[12]:1–6 In 1985, Fisher and Harris Coulter co-authored a book, DPT: A Shot in the Dark, which asserted an association between the whole cell pertussis (whooping cough) vaccine in the DPT shot and autism.[13] The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention now recommend the newer acellular pertussis vaccines (DTaP and Tdap), and whole cell pertussis vaccines are no longer used in the US.[14][15] because of adverse effects unrelated to autism.[16][17]
In the early 1980s, the organization joined with the American Academy of Pediatrics to draft the original legislation for the National Childhood Vaccine Injury Act of 1986,[18][19] which created a federal vaccine injury compensation program, mandated doctors to give parents vaccine benefit and risk information, and required the recording and reporting of vaccine injuries and deaths (see Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System). The organization changed its name to the National Vaccine Information Center in the early 1990s.[12]:8

181 - 200 of 219 Posts