close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Poletap - Any opinions?

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by Snobal, Jun 26, 2008.

1. I was wondering if anyone here has ever used a "POLETAP" bite detector. If so, what do you thiunk of them? Any pros or cons?

Here is a link to there website: http://tackobox.homestead.com/retailers.html

I found one of these last week. I've only had the chance to use it once but it seemed to work pretty well as long as your not using it in a rain storm! When it was raining steady, it would go off for no reason at any time it felt like it but even after being soaked, when the weather finally broke it seemed to work perfectly again. Had no problems keeping it on the rod at all. The light seemed plenty bright even before dark but not sure it would be good in direct sunlight. As far as the audible alert, seemed very quiet to me.

However, asking for other opinions due to finding this and not knowing how much life the batteries have left in them. Thanks for any replies!!

2. jennis9

jennis9 Fish against the fish...

Thumbs up here. We have a set of six... we really like them for night fishing.
    As far as batteries, they last a long time if you don't use the audible signal. We find it worth it for nighttime and use them often.

Although, lately we have made an adjustment to our rods when trolling -- setting the drag looser these days and are landing more fish while trolling at night. The combo seems to be working.