close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Pole Barn Builders

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Darwin, Oct 20, 2004.

1. Darwin

Darwin If your gonna be a bear..

Has anyone heard of or seen any work by a company out of Greentown Ohio called Durabuilt Inc.? We are looking to have a Pole barn built and they have the best quote we have gotten by far. I have not seen any of their work other than pictures that they supplied so any information would be appriciated.....

2. never heard of them.

They really are not that hard to build yourself if you have a little help and ask around with any questions.

1. Set your post SQUARE
    2. Truss supprt or whatever you want to call [everyone calls it different] it comes next typicly 2x10 or 2x12 around the top on the inside and out.
    3. putup your band board or splash board around the bottom, typicly two boards high tounge and grove.
    4. start nailing up your wall nailers every 2' on center. these are either 2x4 or 2x6's+
    5. now the fun starts with setting your trusses, begin at one gable end and after you have a couple up start placing purlins, 2x4x16 then 2' up place a 2x4x12 and this works out to help hold the trusses. These length 2x4's work for 4' OC which is the typical truss spacing for a metal roof., if you go with a shingle roof it is a little bit different as you will be using sheating insted of purlins.

then start putting up the metal, generaly start on the roof and get it finished then your walls. the gable ends can be a little trickey.

I did not include any information about doors or windows. Any questions just ask

3. The last pole barn that I had built seemed the price diff between places was,how many poles they used,how big and insulation.Other than that they were all pretty close.My brotherinlaw bragged about how cheap he got one built,well that is what he got-a cheap building.poles were 8 ft apart instead of 6.Many other things,oh well.seems you get what you pay for.

4. Darwin

Darwin If your gonna be a bear..

Polesnatcher your right, they are not hard to do yourself but we are new to the area we live in and I don't know anyone well enough yet to ask to help me. I have helped build a couple of them and what our plan is to have someone frame it, and get it under roof then I will take over from there. We would like to have it done before winter sets in or I would really consider doing it myself.
    Truck, you get what you pay for is right. We are still considering different options.
    Thanks for the replys..........

5. A group of amish guys built my parents. I cant remember how much it cost but they did a great job. Thats probably the avenue i would look into if it were me! You should be able to find a crew in Plain City!!! Also my dads best friend is a general contractor. He would be willing to do it. If you want his name and # pm me