close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Point of information

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Wormdunker69, Jan 17, 2005.

1. Why are people afraid to say where they are from when they join the site? I just can't figure that out. Does anyone else think they have an answer to this? Just curious as to what the reason is. Lets hear some replies and other thoughts on this. It ought to be very interesting. Bill

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  2. Perhaps some are in too much of a hurry to join, don't bother filling everything in, and then never go back into their control panel to do it. Other than that, you got me!

3. Location: 5 minutes from Dale Walborn, 10 minutes from West Branch, 15 minutes from Lake Milton, 15 minutes from Berlin, 20 minutes from the Mahoning River, 1 hour from the Ohio River, 1 hour 20 minutes from Lake Erie

4. Edugated in New Springfield. Live in N.Lima 30 min from Moquito,W. Branch,Milton,Berlin and lovin every min. Im curios on why a lot of people dont post. If ya got someting to say spit it out! :D :D

5. There has been so much hype about "stealing identity" that most bloggers run scared.
    Also fears of unsolicited junk email and spam.
    You read the news about somebody running up accounts on their credit card etc.
    It is sorta like a divorced woman having an unlisted phone number.
    I didn't add detail until I felt comfortable with this group.
    There are a lot of strange people in this world.

tom...

6. Is this really a way of asking where everyone is from? :)

7. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Sounds like you're in a good location :D

8. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Chillicothe Ohio here!

9. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Next to Kame's....worse than living next to a neighborhood bar! Where's my paycheck?! .........uh, well you see Kames has a sale blah blah blah.....yadda yadda yadda.........;) :D

But I know what you mean, I also wish people would fill out their information in their personal area. By the time most everyone has joined, they are already very familiar with us from lurking for a while first. ;)

10. catking

catking Banned

I believe it's just something alot of people scan over and move on. I'm located 30 miles NE of Cattinatti in a small area called Williamsburg. Beleive it or not, there are three others from this area on the site . DA KING !!! :)

11. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

catking im from Twinsburg and i looked for you and your twin brother but didnt see ya at the last twins days!

i think people like to keep their privacy, this is the only site i really trust. i didnt put that info up at first either.

never know.....why risk losing your privacy/anonymity if you dont need to.

12. shuvlhed1

shuvlhed1 Banned

Because there are a lot of psychos on the internet. And as much as I like to antagonize people with truth and reality, I don't want them zeroing in on where I live. :D

13. rockbass

rockbass Banned

I think when I first joined up to this site, I just skipped over it and then one day realized I never filled anything in. No other reason than that. I am not paranoid or anything like that, just hurried in to check it out and left the little things till later! :) Besides, who really knows where Gnadenhutten is anywho?? :confused: :D and if they did know, maybe they would stop by and fish the river with me some time! :p

14. STRASBURG...
    Kinda like Gnaden...
    Rockbass, I'll go just about anytime as I live fairly close.
    Ruminator, I used to live near Belden and not long ago my daughter was partially sponsered by Kames(Steve) for motocross.. Heck I live fairly close to you too..
    When it comes to fishing I'm willing to travel..
    Anyone on OGF is more than welcome to PM me for my number to arrange fishin'
    Rob

15. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Good Deal man! you fish the Tusc a good bit?? and also what is that creek like up at Strasburg??

16. Rockbass,
    Sorry it took so long for me to reply.
    I just started to fish the Tusc and Sugarcreek this November.
    I have caught a few small smallies in both along with a couple saugeye and pike.
    I have only fished the area around the Dover STP, the mall and Bolivar Dam spillway.
    I'm looking forward to fishing more areas when the water is better including fishing the Rocky, Grand, and Chagrin for steelhead.

17. catking

catking Banned

Hey hardwaterfan- I always wanted to go up there during the " Twins " outing. But never have made it. Be interesting to say the least. THE CATKING !!! :)

18. AndroDoug

AndroDoug Duke of Bucketmouth

Tightliner... If I triangulate your measurements, 20 min from this , 10 from that, I can precisely locate you within a 2 block radius. What color is your boat? :p :p :eek:

19. bttmline

bttmline E.B.C.C. Founder

i have "in the middle of it all" because i live in the middle of the muskingum watershed.
    15 min from clendening, 20 min from peidmont, 20 min from saltfork, 25 min from tappan, 30 min from leesville, 40 min from atwood, 40 min from will creek and so on.
    this is the middle of it all.
    bttmline

20. Ichabod

Ichabod Ghost

What exactly are you implying David? I never meant to hurt anyone, it started out as an innocent prank and one thing led to another and before you know it...........:eek: :eek: :eek: