close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Point Breeze wrap up

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports - Out of State' started by Hetfieldinn, Aug 22, 2007.

1. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

Just got back from the Point Breeze trip with Lundy, his son Big Joshy, and few of my friends. First and foremost, I would like to thank Lundy for the invite.

We really weren't blessed with good weather, but the trip was a blast. Most of the time, we were trolling in stout rollers accompanied with a light drizzle. Tuesday evening, all of us pretty much had every stitch of clothing on that we brought. Sunday morning was the nicest weather, and we all had shorts and t shirts on. My boat landed a total of 18 fish for the trip. All four people in my boat got to boat a chinnook over 18 pounds, with our biggest fish going 22.6 lbs. I also had a monster brake off my line.

Salmon fishing is surely a different animal than walleye fishing. Lundy and his son Big Joshy shared their wealth of information with us, and we tried to put it to use the best we could figure out. Lundy described the fishing as slow, but everyone in my boat was ecstatic with our results.

I'll show a few pictures, starting with ShortDrifts first fish of the trip.

Attached Files:

2. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

Later that day, Stevie D boated a 22.6 pounder, with a stellar net job by yours truly

Attached Files:

3. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

Trout7 followed with a nice steelhead

Attached Files:

4. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

The following evening, ShortDrift and Trout7 hooked into a double header of 19+ pound Kings just as the sun was setting. It was a firedrill for a while, and both ended up in the net.

Attached Files:

5. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

Trout7 begs Lundy for more information during a break on land.

Attached Files:

6. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

Big Joshy with a nice fish

Attached Files:

7. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

Group photo

Attached Files:

8. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

On our last day, I finally got a big fish to the net. 19.7 pounds.

Attached Files:

9. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

StevieD with a nice fish in the heavy fog this morning.

Attached Files:

10. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

Trout7 with his biggest fish of the trip. 19+ pounds

Attached Files:

11. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

Sunset at Oak Orchard

Attached Files:

12. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

Big Joshy with two keepers

Attached Files:

13. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

Big Joshy fighting a whopper aboard the SS Lundy

Attached Files:

14. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

Fishing in BIG rollers

Attached Files:

15. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

StevieD trying to convince me to switch all rods to a Glow Bloody Nose spoon.

Attached Files:

16. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

Attached Files:

17. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

Attached Files:

18. Looks like you guys had a blast. Nice fish! Where is Point Breeze?

19. EE

EE

Great pictures, it was good meeting you, Shortdrift, Lundy, Joshy, and your guests. We only got to fish for a day and a half before unfortunately having to leave for home, but we'll plan for a much longer trip next year! In that time frame we managed 4 kings, a nice steelie and a few breakoffs, here are a couple of pictures and in the next day or two I'll add a good picture of our "big fish" of the trip.
    As you said, we really soaked in the info from Lundy and son.... got to fish for a total of 3 hours on Sunday night with what I would consider to be an "ideal" set up and of course it was our best 3 hours of the trip...... we'll be back next year all the wiser!:D
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

Nice meeting you and Ying6, as well. I wish you could have spent more time up there. I'd like to do a full week next year. The weather wasn't the greatest. We couldn't even get out until about three in the afternoon on Tuesday, and when we did finally get out there, it was rough and cold. We ended up with three that night, and I had a huge fish break off. The line on the rig had dug into the spooled line from fighting a large fish the day before. I was literally pulling the line off the reel as he was running, but he finally snapped the line.

The 22.6 pounder StevieD boated stripped off 375 feet of line on its first run!!