Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The pat ywo days everytime I turn my water on in the kitchen sink the pressure is real low but if I turn on the sprayer for a second the pressure from the fawcett corrects itself. So in other words it takes me turning on the sprayer in my sink for the pressure to be normal. If you have any clue as what my problem is or how to fix it i'd be thankful for the help.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
sounds like your faucet diffuser might be clogged, had that happen to me before. on the end of your faucet there is a peice that will unscrew eiter by hand or gently with a pair of pliers. there is a screen in there that wlll collect rust particles, dirt, or whatever from your lines. wash it out and put it back on, that may be the problem.

·
getting wEYESer every day
1,288 Posts
yep, what dink said.

·
Registered
567 Posts
I don't think that will help, I have the same problem with mine. I took off the diffuser and mine wasn't clogged,and because the pressure returns to normal after you use the sprayer. I think it is something with the internal parts in the faucet and the sprayer. Mine started after I froze the cold line and was back filling the line with the hot,to try to unthaw the cold pipe. I work in the trade but don't do enough plumbing work to have the answer. I was going to ask some guys at the hall who are plumbers, if I get a solution I'll post it up.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the responses...I already tried to take the difuser off and there werre a couple particles in there but when I put it back on the problem persisted. I'm having the same problem as before and I know the difuser is clean. I have had no problem until now with the lines and I know that they havent froze up on me. I'm usually pretty handy but plumbing and some electrical get me from time to time.

·
ORIGINAL TEAM OGF
5,509 Posts
You have a large chunk of debris in the faucet system.
Every time you turn on the sprayer head you are momentarily sending the debris toward the sprayer head and away from the supply lines.
I would bet it is restricted in the "Tee" where both hot and cold enter the nozzle.
You can completely disassemble the faucet and clean it,but it might just be best to replace it.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks Lewis i'm gonna get under there and see if your advise helped at all i'll get back to you when i'm done.

·
Registered
567 Posts
If thats the case simply unscrew the sprayer head and turn on the water. That should flush it out the end of the hose, Make sure the hose is pointed in a safe direction

·
Registered
357 Posts
If you can find the make and model number on the faucet go to Lowe's or Home Depot and get a replacement cartridge for it. Make sure that the package has a spanner wrench ( if required ).

Tom...:)

·
Registered
141 Posts
go fish got it right if it has some larger debri
you should be able to flush both the faucet and the sprayer
to find out the problem
hold tight to that sprayer hose also

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
This is going to sound like no kidding but make sure the shut offs are all the way open. Ran into a problem where it was low water pressure in a bathroom sink but when you went to shut it off the pressure would increase and then it would water hammered badly and it was a matter of just opening the shut off all the way.
________
bald ***** Cams

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
And the prize goes to LEWIS an GOFISH! I had to take the sprayer off and run some water through it. But thanks to all for the help with trying to solve my water pressure mystery.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts