close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Pline floroclear or 100%

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by cheezemm2, Apr 5, 2005.

1. cheezemm2

cheezemm2 Ohio State Alumni 05'

Ok, so Vanish just didn't cut it for me.....Felt like I was trying to put undercooked spaghetti on my reel....So I need some opinions. I think I'm going to go w/the fcarbon coating as opposed to 100%...Piedmont, Hoover, Delaware, Alum and Erie will be the targeted bodies of water w/this rod so I'm fairly confident I will not run in to 100% see to the bottom water(well maybe)Piedmont gets to be pretty darn clear...Just wanted you guys to add your .02 to this decision! :confused:

2. I used Fluoroclear, and switched to 100% Fluor last year (this year with spinning gear). I like the way fluoroclear casts, but I do not like the stretch. If you can live with the stretch, and the visibility is not a concern, I’m sure that you will be happy with Fluoroclear.

3. Mr.Bass.

Mr.Bass. Banned

I like anything thats P-Line!!!

Nice signature rooster!!!!!!!! GO STEELERS!!!

4. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

Amen to that Mr. Bass!!! but Floroclear is awesome stuff, way better than straight florocarbon. Floroclear is much stronger because it doesn't retain the water like straight florocarbon does and its just as clear.

5. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

my votes for flouroclear.good stuff.tough,easy casting,low memory,less stretch than mono.

6. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

Another vote for P-line. The 10lb flouroclear can also be used for crankbaiting on a casting reel.

7. cheezemm2

cheezemm2 Ohio State Alumni 05'

All right, sounds like floroclear wins........You guys have been more than helpful with this...I fish a lot of clear farm ponds/erie/piedmont and streams.....Just wanted a little extra advantage and something to compare to 6lb mono with the benefits of invis. This sounds like what I want...thank you thank thank you :B to you all!