Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 2000 johnson 115 hp starts great and idles great but at half to wide open throttle I get a shutter or miss so bad that sometimes it wont even get the boat to plane out. Iv replaced plugs and primer ball and have new carb bowels coming cause they looked warped. Is there anything else I should look at? Any help would be appropriated thanks. Also note even with the new primer ball it would never get hard. Thanks again.

·
Registered
384 Posts
A

·
Registered
102 Posts
Definitely check the fuel line. Some have a liner inside that collapses and restricts the line when fuel is pulled through by the pump. It lets a little through, enough to idle but not enough for when you throttle up.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ya I know I had one fail on a 40 hp Johnson once but that had 6 gal external tanks so it was easy to mix this has a 30 gal built in tank so I kinda thought about keeping it or replacing it with another vro whenever it goes bad

·
fishing fool
371 Posts
I had a 99 Johnson 115 2 stroke that developed an intermittent miss when running. Marine dealer couldn't find anything. Turned out this motor had an inline filter where the fuel line attached to the front of the motor. It was a small funnel shaped filter with a screen in it. It fit into the motor so you couldn't really see it. It had some dirt particles trapped in it and they would block the fuel flow at higher RPM's. Cleaned it out and never had the problem again. Check to see if your motor has this type of filter. After I found it, I was pretty PO'd that the mechanic charged me $100 and didn't find it - the usual BS - let it run for hours and it never missed.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts