close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Pleasant surprise!

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by Lewis, Dec 26, 2004.

1. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

Well,I went to do an ice check at a small lake near my house.
    I wasnt really expecting it to very thick..It had a nice solid 5"!
    I didnt have my shanty with me,but I decided to fish a couple hours.
    I ended up with 6 decent Crappies and about a dozen keeper gills.
    Not huge slabs,but these two were the average size.

Attached Files:

2. Nice fish Lewis! Cfish102 and I hit Mogadore off Congress Lake Rd., just like I planned. We caught 20, 10 of which we kept. I did get a nice 12 1/2" crappie! It was a surprise to me too. One 7 1/2" perch, and some quality gills in the 8 inch range all came home with us.

Pymybob is right. There are some DEEP ruts in that parking lot. I saw Huskyjerk and one other website officianado out there today. I was on the bucket as usual. The snow was coming down pretty heavy.

4 inches of good ice out there fellas. It's ON.

Next weekend, I'll be out again.

3. Here's the crappie I got...

[​IMG]

4. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

sounds like good days for both....

5. Very nice crappie BD. Don't see a whole lot of 'em that big out of Congress. You ought to let someone with normal size hands hold it though for the pic. That bear paw makes it look smaller than it is.

6. Just to let you know, cuz I just measured, it is 5 inches between the tip of my thumb and the heel of my hand, holding it the same way I'm holding the crappie. Plus, the fish is tailing away from the camera.

All the fish cleaned up well too. Nothing like the clear meat of cold water gills, perch, and crappie!!! Fish fry tomorrow!!!

It was a blast out there. Next week, I work 1pm-9pm so I'll have mornings free to hit the lakes hard. Can't wait!!!!