close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Pleasant surprise today!

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by rockbass, Mar 17, 2005.

1. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Well I decided to head to a pond instead of the river. I went to Cripple Creek to get some minnies hoping to catch some crappie. Well I got a surprise.

second cast and caught a small bass about 9 or 10 inches. short while later, caught another about the same size. ok, so where's the crappie :confused: waited a while with an occasional minnow thief, then on the one rod I had with a bobber, down goes the float. then I feel a heck of a tug.

I see the bass. fight it with my ultralight with 6 lb test. turns out to be a 6-7 lb largemouth. Approx 23 inches or so long. no I did not have a tape or scale, but comparing it to the bass I have mounted, it was close to that. It was released of course. What bait you ask?? about a 3 inch long minnow on a 1/32 oz jig made by me! Like that matters! :p

So, I had a heck of a good time for sure, but where's those darn crappies I was after.? :D

2. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

congrats! thats a heck of a fish.

3. That had to been a nice surprise!
    Way to go. Bet that was a blast on ultralight gear.

4. Congrats, catching a big old bass on an ultralight is one heck of a fight!

5. rock look me up and ill take you tomy crappie hole tues or wed next week. congrats on the bass though.

6. rockbass

rockbass Banned

Well it is Tuesday now and I am just now reading this jvan! i think I PM'd you last week about maybe fishing this past Saturday. Anywho, I can't go today or tom anyway. I have to work. Maybe next week I can work something out. I'll let you know :)