Pleasant Hill

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by rp101, Apr 15, 2008.

1. Anyone haulin any fish there? If so, where and what are you using? Thanks in advance for the advice!

2. zap

zap

I stopped a while today and quick fished near the ramp. No dice. There were a few guys in a boat that was catching something small. I couldn't tell what they were catching...my guess was small bass or small crappies.

3. ive never been here but thinking of going. is it worth the trip for bass? i heard the bass fishing went downhill, any truth to it?

4. zap

zap

If you are looking for bass, you might look at Charles Mill....not much difference in driving...about 15 or 20 miles maybe.

They are saying that CML is up on bass and PH is down this year. I don't get into boats on either lake....so I can't say for certain.

5. Erok

Erok

I fished Pleasant Hill yesterday and caught three nice bass. Missed a lot of fish fighting the wind and trolling motor. Had fun. I think it has great potential.

6. JTRESS

JTRESS consistently confused

Pleasant hill is a fish factory....... Big smallies, nice largemouth. Get that jerkbait out. It does not matter where you go on the lake lower, middle, upper, or the river, you can catch fish there....Also them green fish really like a bandit 200:)

7. im gonna go there this year and see if its worth having a tournament there. i wanna check charles mill too.

8. kenc

kenc

Is there any bait shops close to PHL where you can buy minnows?
    THANKS KEN

9. I was out on my boat for 6 hours or so and didnt get anything only seen 10 or so fish on the finder that was tues. i went fishing on the shore on thurs and only got one little cat

10. JTRESS

JTRESS consistently confused

If you go to the junction of Rt.39 and Rt. 95 in Perrysville there is a small log cabin looking place there that sells bait. Minnows, crawlers, and waxworms. They should be starting to catch the white bass up in the river anyday now.

11. kenc

kenc

Thanks JTRESS: I completly forgot about that bait shop. I may have to give it a try tomorrow. I rode the sportster over to the river Tues. and saw several fish looking down from the bridge but couldn't tell what they were.
    THANKS KEN