close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Pleasant Hill ?

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by eyecatcher, May 21, 2007.

1. I'm thinking of heading to pleasant hill tomm. morning. I have never fished the lake and was wondering how the saugeye fishing is right now. Also was wondering of some places to start out and if there is a bait shop down there.

Thanks

2. I was fishing at the spillway on Sunday and caught 4 keepers on a Gold Clown Reef Runner. Also caught one on a spinner tipped with a nightcrawler. They were not biting real good in the spillway but if you have a boat they are doing better on the lake. At least that is what I have heard. I have been there twice in the last month and took 4 keepers home each time.

3. Good place to start is right at marina ramp troll or pitch jigs or vibees in front of beach out to the point past it and back acrossed in front of beach and by the opening going into marina docks past ramp and out past point till it drops off big flat there and i have caught a ton of eyes there from shore as well as from boat. Good area down by dam as well long point or flat goes out then drops catch alot of smallies there as well. ask some locals if you see them most will help you out sometime just follow the line of boats trolling where i mentioned

4. I fished from shore a few days ago right by the boat launch. Had my limit of eyes with the smallest going 16". All were on chartruse jigs. The fishing has been excellent there so far this year.