Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Taking a guess here but I would say it's pretty high and muddy. The Clearfork is out of it's banks as is the Mohican, Kokosing and a host of rivers and streams. You could call down there to the Pleasant Hill Marina and they may be able to give you some more information. I live on Apple Valley and as of last nite the water was over the top of the spillway fence. We have had a little less rain that Perrysville-Butler area too. Hope this helps. Both State Routes 95 and 97 were also closed into Butler and 97 and 13 were closed going into Bellville yesterday. Lots of problems in the area with high water!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Knox will be a little muddy too but I would imagine still fishable. Have not fished Knox for a couple of weeks but even with all the rain we have been having it just stains up more than normal. You should be fine but just to be safe call over there to Knox Marine and ask one of those guys in there what the lake looks like. I am sure they will help you out. Good luck to you!

·
Registered
1,917 Posts
I live south of both Knox and Phill but not unlike other areas of Ohio we have had at least 7 inches of rain in the past 2 weeks. Most of it has come down hard so its gonna run off. I'm guessing it will be a week at least before either is "fishable". I would be suprised if Phill launch isn't well under water. Good luck if you go...watch for floating debris.

Tim

·
Registered
228 Posts
I'm thinking About heading there and checkin it out tonite or
Tomorrow for sure! Live in loudonville, so not far at all! Sure Hope its decent but I know I'm going to see flooded everything! Be surprised if you can even get to parking lot! Will post soon.....was wanting to kill the whites again this weekend.....

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
228 Posts
Ya not happening! Plan to go
Elsewhere! You
Can't even get closet the the bridge by the stop sign, trees down over the lane, and water is pry 200 yards up from the bridge, as of now there is no parking lot at all lol couple pontoon boats floating around the lake right now lol. It's a complete mess!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
107 Posts
North end of Knox lake boat ramps under water as of last night. South end down by marina was up to the very top of the boat launch docks. Koko lake will be several weeks before it is open to fishing. The campground is completely under 8-10 feet of water, Both rest room buildings are completely under water as well. It will be a long while before the water goes down far enough to launch a boat. Knox Lake will just continue to see the effects of all the high water being released from Koko dam as will the Kokosing, and Walhounding Rivers. This is a mess around here for sure! Be safe out there if you do get out on the lakes. Lots of debris floating around out there for sure. Would of posted this sooner but we just got our power and internet back on from the storm that blew thru here yesterday afternoon!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Thanks hezzer. We are still hopong pleasant becomes fishable but its not looking so good. Def be safe with all the debris, hoping its still a good day of fishing.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
180 Posts
Yeah we decided to plan for fishing elsewhere. I would of loved to make my first trip up there, but as long as I'm putting them in the boat I'll be happy.

Thanks to everyone for the updates.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

1 - 20 of 21 Posts