close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Pleasant Hill Res

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Ransom244, Aug 7, 2007.

1. I'm going camping down at Pleasant Hill, I'll be taking my boat. I was just wondering if anyone had any tips for fishing for sauger/bass at pleasant hill

2. I hear you should drift jigs with minows or crawlers down by the damn. If you want some fun, find the creek that drains the lake and fish for bass.

Bdrape

3. hey i just thought i should tell you that this really isnt the time of year to be out on pleasant hill fishing it can be very dangerous the lake is very small and has an unlimited horsepower and unlimited amount of very rude and discourtious boaters if you decide to go i recomend fishing for bass stay in the no wake zone and pound the shore with tubes texas rigged plastics and shallow running crankbaits or spinnerbaits there is plenty of cover all over the no wake area. good luck if you go and be carefull the big boats love to torrment the fisherman ! :C

4. Thanks for the replys. Its too bad the weekend warriors have to screw it up for the advid fishermen. I just hope we can get a couple good hours in the early morning before all the big boats get out of bed.

5. Swick

Swick Priority #1 Fishing

Saugeyesam is right. I used to live in mansfield and fished p hill a couple times a week. Used to fish the open tournament every week. It's almost impossible to fish other than in the no wake zone until about 8 or 9 pm. He is also right about throwing the tubes. I would also suggest throwing a jig. Almost every tournament I fished I would pick up at least on saugeye in the no wake zone. Any other time I would have been really happy but in a bass tournament they just pissed me off. Good luck.