close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Pleasant Hill bass fishing

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Crankbait, Sep 8, 2004.

1. Crankbait

Crankbait The Sasquatch Hunter

I’ve never been to Pleasant Hill (going to give it a try on Friday) and was hoping someone could give me a little info. Without revealing your secret (or not so secret) spots) what types things should I look for? Boat docks, stumps, standing timber, points, weeds, rocks, bluff walls. Is the old creek channel a place to try for fishing deeper water? Are there numbers of shallow fish or do they usually stay in deeper water on this lake? Is the water clear or is it normally off color? I noticed (from a DNR map) that there is a creek that feeds the lake on the west end, is this accessable or is it too shallow? Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

2. Watch yourself if you are going to fish that creek on the west end. Along the border of it before the lake REALLY narrows by an island there is an old road bed on the southern edge of the creek channel that extends a ways out. You will see the final grouping of docks and pontoons before it. I see so many people try and fish that inside bend by the docks, which has bass, and then ground out on that old road. I would concentrate on fallen wood along the shore, especially right now on the slower, west, end. The east, fast, end the shore line is steeper, much rockier, and points, trees, and the dam area are good.