Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you store your small plastic baits? Do you keep them in the original packaging and put them in a binder or do you take them our and put them in a clear divided box (like a Plano 3600)? Or something else? Do you use a different set up for fishing from a boat and fishing from shore?

I have used the binders in the past. It can be hard to see what you have in the binders, but I liked the idea of everything not falling out if your plastic box fell over. Just wondering if there is a better way.

Thanks

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
I keep most of my plastics in a divided box. It's just too easy to see what you want and it's easy to get to. I also keep an assortment of jigs and floats in the same box just so everything is together and I can re tie or re rig really quickly if I need too. One thing I don't like about the boxes is the plastics will fade if left out on the deck in the sun day after day so I keep a towel or old sweat shirt and keep it cover if I have it out in the open. Of course I have bags and bags of plastics in my boats storage compartments so I never run out. This is for boat fishing.
For shore fishing I generally just carry a few packs of baits in a small fanny pack with some extra jigs and floats. It's really basic but I catch fish most of the time I'm out so I don't feel I need to take too much stuff with me.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Same here. Be advised though. I put my white and chartreuse Road Runners in a box and they all turned a pale chartreuse color. I'm almost positive that I didn't mix colors within segregated compartments though. (I think....lol)

·
Registered
775 Posts
I leave the plastics in the bag. I put what plastics, hooks, floats I'm going to use in a sack and put them in the bucket I take with me.

·
Registered
9,603 Posts
I like to keep mine in the original bags. And stuff them in quart size ziplocks.When I'm first starting I pull out a few to cycle thru till I find the one. Then I have a large plano I'll put my loose ones.
Imo they stay brighter("sharper") in the original packing. ....

1 - 10 of 10 Posts