close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Plastic bait brands

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by CDL, Aug 3, 2008.

1. CDL

CDL

Can anybody tell me the difference between the different brands of plastic baits? I just don't see why one brand should cost $3-4 more than another.

2. Unless its hand poured, the difference is price.

3. Pretty much just price. I'm sure part of the reason Powerbait and Gulp run a dollar or two more than others has to do with Berkley's name. They can get away with charging a bit more because of the recognition.

As for hand-poured, you don't have to pay too much more for that type either. Not actually poured by people, but Roboworm makes some of my favorite plastics out there. And they don't cost much more than most plastics. 4.5" straight tail worm is great for drop shotting here. Zipper worms are great too.

I don't really see a reason for higher priced baits, as far as catching fish goes. It seems to me like all of the major manufacturers make enough variety that if a pattern or style is working, you don't have to buy one particular brand.

I do like those Strike King Coffee Tubes tho...

4. It's just what you have confindence in which brand to use.Some get better advertising than others so they charge more. I like to stick with 2 different brands when buying.