close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Plantation Friday nite eat and greet

Discussion in 'Vermilion Hawg Fest' started by Hetfieldinn, Aug 28, 2007.

1. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

As most of you already know, I wanted to have a little eat/greet/BS session on Friday nite on HawgFest weekend.

I'll have to attend the captains meeting at 7 pm that nite, so it will most likely be later, rather than earlier. I hope that's OK. Maybe Lundy or Shakedown can give me/us an idea on approximately how long the captains meeting will be so we can have an idea on an approximate time to round it out to, or we can wing it.

Here's what I plan on bringing:

Fish to fry, with a couple of fryers

Sloppy Joes

Hot Dogs (steeped in beer, stadium style)

Potato salad

GotOne mentioned that he will bring burgers to grill. I have no idea how many people will show up. It could be five, it could be a hundred. Who knows. If a couple other guys could volunteer to bring some other stuff, that would be great. Maybe a couple of other side dishes, some paper plates, napkins, plastic ware, charcoal, buns, whatever. Anything but country music CDs will help the cause (I'm bringing a boom box).

So if you think or know that you'll be there, and might be able to bring something, let me know. Of course, the invite is for everyone. If you want to come, but can't bring anything, no problem whatsoever. I'd just like to get a feel for what I need to throw in the truck.

2. I'll bring the Dio, Dokken, Night Ranger, and Celine Dion.

What else do you need? BYOB, I assume. I'll cover Napkins, Paper Plates and plastic ware and Pabst.

3. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

It will be BYOB. If you could bring napkins, paper plates, and plastic ware, that would be great. I'm sure we could scrape by without the Dio, Dokken, Dion, and Night ranger.

4. We can bring something,have lots of fish. Sure we can get a few side dishes and some charcoal. Can also get some buns for the dogs and burgers.

5. No Dio? Well, I'm not coming then.

6. Hook N Book

Hook N Book The Original Hot Rod Staff Member

B.Y.O.B.=Bring your own Bomb...! :D

I'll be bringing a "Flat-top" and a "Smokey Joe". I will also bring Baked beans and a couple of dozen Johnsonville fresh Bratwurst and buns and fixin's. ;)

Who's going to have a stove/oven...???

No country...What the....how's about some gut bucket blues...???

7. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

Rodney,

We are in the big house again. You can use that oven

8. Hook N Book

Good deal...!

9. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

I'm pretty sure I will have acess to an oven, as well.

10. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

Steve,

I will be there with Josh and my oldest son.

I'll bring a bunch of beer to see if I can get my competitors drunk the night before the tourney. Based upon history Rodney and crew doesn't need much help from me in that area:D

11. Hook N Book

This is good...! You really make me laugh...! :D :D

So let me understand this correctly...you will be supplying "FREE BEER" the night before the Hawgfest tourney to all your competitors...??? You can't drink all day unless you start in the morning...so I'll be there early . ;)

12. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

Looking forward to meeting some new guys and seeing old friends.
    See ya there!

13. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Anyone have a grill they can bring? Can't remember if the house came with one...

I'll try to bring my coleman roadtrip grill...OGF will cover some brats/burgers.

14. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

Yes sir, And I'll even share my secret harness color with you and only you. It's that same one as 2 years ago, do you remember?:D :D

Do you like Schlitz, Blatz or Old Milwaukee?

15. Dock Time

Dock Time Senior Member

I will be staying there with my crew Friday and Saturday night, so count me in.

Dock Time

16. Hook N Book

I thought you said BEER...you'll start some sort of epidemic with that stuff. ;)

Budwiser, for me, thank you very much...! :D

17. We can bring a small gas grill and a bigger charcoal if needed.

18. Old Milwakee's fine with me.we're professionals. We can drink all night and still get up at the crack of noon!

19. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

I called The Plantation today. I was told that they have a few on the grounds for public use.