close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Planner Boards

Discussion in 'Tackle Talk' started by Reel Thing, May 26, 2005.

1. I'm needing to learn how to get started on using planner boards when pulling live shad or crankbaits
    such as the ratio of line out to weight added to the line to get the desired depth
    Tried pulling shad on cumberland these past few days everthing pulled good and looked pretty out the sides of the boat but I had no idea of where the bait was. I would think that would be critical and the reason I didnt catch any fish doing it.
    Thanks for any info
    geowol

2. Get a precision trolling book. Invaluable advice in it.

3. Great Thanks for the info
    geowol

4. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

No doubt. That's some sweet reading and learning in that book.

5. geowol,

The advice you've recieved already (get the Precision Trolling book) is good. There are several editions out. PT # 5 or 6 are good for general advice on snap weights, lead core, dipseys, and dive curves of many cranks. PT # 7 is updated with newer cranks out in the past 2 years. The "Big Water" edition is packed full of "new" data on dipseys, jets, lead core and snap weights.

There's nothing set up yet, but we (my partner, Jeff Lash and I) would like to put on another trolling seminar next spring in conjunction with OGF-possibly at Gander Mt again. Have to get Shakedown's and Lundy's approval. I think it will benefit those new to the trolling game. I just hope we don't pick another blizzard day this year!! :rolleyes:

Tim

6. Thanks for the info Tim
    I'll look forward to the seminar
    Geowol