Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wonder if someone could point me the right direction on finding out your boats value? Asking because consider selling private vs trade in I guess depending. Maybe not even selling at all but like to have an idea. thank for input.

2014 Lund 16.5 with Minnkota 112 on front (Ulterra powerdrive) Hummingbird Helix 10 mega Gn2 SI&DI on front. I just bought in 2019 a Suzuki 40Hp tiller for it Electric start, electric tilt all that. I would be looking at trading it in or selling out right before buying the bass boat. Garage or barn kept during the winter months but it does have its nicks and scratches from normal use. Pictures I don't have just looked tons of pictures of fish caught on it no real pictures of the boat just cause not gotten this serious of selling till now. Has a cover as well not the cheap one it's a heavier cover 3 poles and snaps. Blue & Grey boat Picture is how the boat is set up and color not the actual boat
Water Boat Watercraft Vehicle Naval architecture

·
Registered
292 Posts
probably what you paid for it new back in 2014, biggest problem with dealers is they have no stock. So a boat in hand commands quite the price these days.

·
Registered
123 Posts
People have an overinflated sense of value of anything they own right now. I think with boats the mad rush is over, but people are still asking crazy prices for their boats. Like boats that used to be worth 3k four years ago are asking 15k now. Not kidding. The question is, How much are people willing to pay??

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
Sell it for what you paid for it, Lunds are hot sales. Made money on all my past Lunds, thats why I buy them.

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
Let knox marina sell it. Not sure what they get for selling other peoples boats...

·
Registered
7,002 Posts
Sell it yourself...you have people that will pay an arm and a leg right now for a boat...will probably continue through this summer too...

·
DAD'S GOIN FISHN
175 Posts
Dang... i bought '99 16ft smokercraft with steering for 2500 very beginning of pandemic an have only used a few times... i may have to consider???

·
Registered
9,783 Posts
You have to start somewhere so check the NADA Boat site to see what the “Fair Market Value“ based on overall condition(you get to determine the condition). The Dealer will have a mysterious “Black Book”(same as car dealers) for his “trade in” value, but it should be “close” to the NADA site “trade in“ value(be it boats, or cars, they are all in business to make money!) NADA will also give a “private party selling price”. I’ve always used that to sell/or buy boats but “most people“ feel that is a rediculously “low-ball“ selling price for “their baby”! From that point on, it just comes down to which selling price you might be comfortable with, and how long you can wait to get “your” price.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts