close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Place to camp and fish in the same spot.

Discussion in 'The Camp Fire' started by Fishman, Jun 6, 2008.

1. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

And that are secluded. I enjoy camping, but I really don't like the "camp ground theme" all the time. Anywhere within a couple hours where someone can camp, fish, and be somewhat "in the wild" in the area?

2. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

The Ohio Power(AEP) areas are just about what you described. Wild, yet nice camping areas and penty of fishing at your door.

3. camp ground? that isnt camping! running water....electric.....toilets.... might as well be in someones back yard! we used to do it all the time on the lower GMR. float in, fish, camp, poop in the woods,..... etc... not exactly "secluded" but it was CAMPING.

4. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Thanks for the info Dale, really looking for Ohio River or it's tribs. Guess I should of included that :p Want to be able to flathead/carp fish basically :)

5. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

East Harbor as any carp as you want and :B too!

6. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Right..... but to my knowledge I can't camp right on the water there...

7. Clayton

Clayton Fly guy

Adirondak State park in New York has been my go-to place for this experience time and again. Dozens of lakes full of huge, dumb smallmouth, along with lake trout and dozens of others. It's a great place. Long long long drive (10 hours, probably) but if you've got the gear and the desire to spend a whole week in the wild, this is the place to do it.

No running water. Nobody checking on you. Spots are separated by at least 1/2 mile each, and there is rarely a trail between them. Island camping is an option. If you can't fillet a fish, be sure you bring enough food though!

I know it's forever away, but it's so great... just remember to bring some deet lotion, minimum 40% deet. And put it on THICK. Black flies are terrible.

8. not very secluded but kiser lake. this is my favorite state park i have been to. mostly tent camping,no big rv's,quiet on holiday weekends, onsite baitshop/campstore. but no motors allowed on the lakeat all. lots of shade. only thing its missing is showers. i go there every memorial day weekend.also check out big bone lick, and buckhorn lake in kentucky

9. Metzie

Metzie Artistic Expression

Guilford Lake State Park in Columbiana County is a great place to camp/fish. Campground is right on the lake with docks. Shower house and electric. Good fishing as well.