close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Place to bow hunt

Discussion in 'The Lodge' started by williamonica0214, Aug 7, 2007.

1. I am looking for a place to bow hunt this fall. I would really like to hunt private land with in an hour of cleveland in any direction. If any has land or knows someone that might give permission. Please let me know. I will be willing to help with work around the land and leave it cleaner then when i got there. Even share the meat since only my son and I eat it . thanks in advance

2. littleking

littleking Crossing Lines LIKE A PRO

google maps + knocking on doors brother

3. Fishpro

Fishpro Northcoast Madman

It never hurts to ask online, but littleking's got the idea, when you get some free time, go ask permission. Finding property to hunt is getting more difficult every year, with people leasing the prime lands and folks not wanting to give permission due to slobs and poachers, but it can be done. Be clean and neat, don't show up in camo smelling like deer pee, ready to hunt that minute, and be courtious, and you'll find places. First impressions are a big part of gaining property. Good luck.:)

4. Good suggestions so far.

You should also start asap; do not wait until 2 weeks before the season starts. And never give up - you will get a LOT of "no" answers, but it only takes one yes!

I have found success by having a good conversation about non-hunting topics, etc. Also, when you have a good talk with a landowner and get a "no" - keep your eye out on that property the following summer. When you see a broken gate, tree down in the lane, etc. go see the landowner again. Let them know you noticed they have a problem and the YOU are the free solution. If they don't have a great reason (like their family hunts it) and you help them out you just punched your golden ticket.

This has worked for me in the past.

5. thanks for the great tips. I guess i was just hoping to get lucky and ogf mamber would have land

6. yea i got permission last year from this farmer for me to hunt his land this year he planted corn wheat and soy beans so it will be good for dove and deer hopely