close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

PL Wednesday Evening Tourney 8/8/07 ?

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by OldSchool, Aug 9, 2007.

1. OldSchool

OldSchool Saved Fish

Some one has been considerate to post the Wednesday tourney results on this site for the last several weeks… now I am in the habit of looking for that on the following day… Soooo, do any of you have the details from last night? What was the weight of the winning bag and what was the big bass?

Always curious,
    -OS

2. RANGER 1

RANGER 1 MEMBER

17 1st 13 2nd 13 3rd Big Bass 4-10 It Took 10 + To Be In The Money

3. OldSchool

OldSchool Saved Fish

Thanks for the update Ranger Uno… I appreciate the news.

I am amazed at the poundage and BBs these boys bring in each week… I tried my luck out there last Sunday. Threw a lot of cranks around the weed edges and only scared up 2 one-pounders.
    Them what do it Wednesday night certainly know what they are doing… my hats off to them.

4. I FINALLY figured out how those guys are catching all those fish on WED nights............one of 2 ways:

SHOCKING the fish or using DYNO-MITE!

5. Bassboy883

Bassboy883 Frog This

lol I needed to do something this week, I sucked only had 3 little fish after placing the past 3 weeks. big bass was 4-13 winners had 17-9 I think it took 10-12 to place. couple of my buddies placed congrats to them and hopefully I can figure out where my fish went.

6. That is seriously just SICK! I mean almost 18lbs for a 4 hour tourney???

COME ON!!!!

You know one thing I noticed when I fished it couple weeks back?? NOBODY CHECKED MY LIVEWELL!!!! Is this a common occurance for this T or do they usually check livewells?????

7. Bassboy883

Bassboy883 Frog This

sometimes they do and sometimes they don't. I know its kinda weird. I know the guys who won and they are a very tough team so its no real surprise to me. I do think some people cheat but its hard to stop unless you can catch em in the act. I don't think the guys who won were cheating. I've had 14 pounds in 20 minutes on that lake before. and I've also pulled a 17 pound bag a couple years ago and the lake has only gotten better. This is just a very tough tournament and you need a lot of skill a little luck and a lot of practice to win. I'll get another win under my belt before too long hopefully.

8. Yeah - well..........if I was "allowed" to fish more often, maybe then I'd get the practice and skill that I need to be competitive..........

HA!

Wife's a real ball buster...........

9. Bassboy883

Bassboy883 Frog This

23 and single, fishing and work pretty much sums up my life.

10. Dmuntean

Dmuntean Bassmaster

Bassboy, you've got it figured out! I'm in the same boat as Skarfer. I go when I'm "allowed". I haven't fished Portage tourneys yet, I want to learn it better before I donate my money to you!!!!

11. Bassboy883

Bassboy883 Frog This

I've donated plenty trust me. I've been fortunate to get some of it back recently though. However my fish have left and are lost at sea so it might be a while before I'm in the top again.

12. Does anyone have the results from last night?

13. Bassboy883

Bassboy883 Frog This

I had to work so I wasn;t there but I heard there were 2 15 pound bags, a 13 and some 12's. My buddy Tied for 6th with 12 even

14. RANGER 1

RANGER 1 MEMBER

15-4 15-2 15-00 Big Bass 4-10 It Took At Least 12 To Place

15. Bassboy883

Bassboy883 Frog This

No I don't have anything going on this weekend. I work a 24 hour shift on saturday so no tournaments for me. I'll probly be out at portage sunday evening though practicing.