close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Pl 9-6-04

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by TxTransplant, Sep 6, 2004.

1. TxTransplant

TxTransplant Fishin Fool!

Went out again tonight and after the boats got out of the speed lane I started getting the crappie again. I brought the 10 I caught home and cleaned them. They aren't hitting steady but I'm getting them. Fished untill 10:15pm and headed back to the house. 10 crappie, averaged 9.5" and 2 14" channel cats. Not a bad haul. I went Friday and Saturday night and caught 9 crappie (Nice slabs!) Friday and 12 Saturday. They are all comming out of 19 feet of water after dark 10' down on a bare hook onder a slip bobber. This water cools down a little and they are gonna turn on! Well, gotta get to bed!

Gene

2. ohioman76

ohioman76 Avid Crappie Hunter

What lake were you fishing for those crappie. I need some tasty slabs.

3. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

I think I saw you out on your deck Monday. I was going to say something, but I wasn't sure if it was you. It is not the house right on the point, but the one next to it where the little boat is right. We got 7 bass and had 3 break us off, one of which was a hog.

4. TxTransplant

TxTransplant Fishin Fool!

That was probably me Ncraft. You got the house right. Where ya finding the big boys at? I do pretty good on the bass in Mud lake. Next time stop and introduce yourself! I was in Bass mode for the longest but now I got that Crappie itch that needs scratching. I had a guy in a boat go by Sunday and honk and wave, didn't have a clue who it was, just figgured it was an OGF'er. That wasn't you was it? Good job on the bass, I've had a few line breakers out here too!

Gene

5. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

That wasn't me honking. We caught 2 and had 2 break off in Mud. We caught 4 in East and we ended fishing by the new ramp catching another and having another breakoff. Those are the only three fish I've had break line in two years. I normaly change my line 3 times a year. I've been a little lazy lately. I will change all my line this week. Two breakoffs were fishing light line. 6#. The big one was on a jig-n-pig and 17# line. He took off and tangled the line around a submerged tree.