close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Pl 9-22

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by TxTransplant, Sep 22, 2004.

1. TxTransplant

TxTransplant Fishin Fool!

Went to East Res. this evening, 330 till dark. Fished for bass and got 4. Largest was 2.5 lbs. 2 came on watermellon lizards and 2 came on a frog hula popper. Boy those top waters are fun! I started marking a bunch of fish in 12 feet of water so I threw a pin-men with a waxie down and had a nice gill slam it soon as the slip bobber stood up. Diesel boy (MAtt) caught 2 really nice ones....another 1/6" on either and they would have been fish Ohio's. The Bass went back to make someone else happy but we kept 20 Gills for the frier. We caught a lot of dinks but the 20 we kept were all above 7.5". Going to try for those crappie tomorrow night with KSUFlash,Archman and Diesel-boy. Right now I'm gonna crash....I will report how we do tomorrow when we finish! By the way the gills were caught on green and white pin-mens with waxie's in 12' of water fished under a slip bobber 6" off the bottom. Soon as it got dark they shut down. We did get 2 nice crappie mixed in with the gills!

Gene

Attached Files:

2. chaunc

chaunc Staff Member

Man those are some nice gills. Get the knife busy and the grease hot. It's party time. Good job Gene.

3. A ruler guaranteeing the size!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4. TxTransplant

Getting that straw into those gills to inflate them! :D Look closer John.....My cutting board those babbies are laying on has a ruler on the edge!

Gene ;)

5. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

way to go TX, you got exexec on that one.....ye of little observation....

flash-------------------------------out

6. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

Its near Akron and yes its public.

7. Gene, save some fish for next week!!! I'll let you know what day after this weekend is over.

8. KSUFLASH

NO WAY!!!! I am taking Gene to school tonight....and catching all the fish....

flash-------------------------out

9. I think I'll have a say in that.

10. KSUFLASH

haha.... looks like I gotta put on my game face and take someone to school....

11. TxTransplant

Don't worry Big Daddy. I've seen both of them fish! There will be plenty of fish left for next week! They are so worried about me SPANKIN them again that they are bringing their girlfriends along to help them out with the numbers against me! :D I'm STILL gonna give them a spankin..........but will leave just enough to make next week good enough for you to give me another spankin! ;) I am getting some practise in on you tho Carl............soon I will be able to snatch the pebble from the masters hand!!!! :eek:

Gene

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  12. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

I think you guys are way too into spankin each other :eek: gene, when do i get a trip on the party boat!

13. This is one of the funniest threads I've read in a long time....where's the story?.....Gills??? :confused: :confused: :confused: It's "chummy" anyway

14. 14 posts on GILLS????...C'Mon, what's the real story? We have a new guy with his first steelie and only got 8 hits...A MUCH bigger story than a bunch of gills. Don't get me wrong, gills are my favorite eating fish in the world, but I catch (actually I release) more than that many (MOST) of the times I go out...I just can't figure this one out.

15. If what I'm seeing is REALLY the story....you guys set your standards way to low...or... I set mine way to high.

16. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

Potp...they are fishing from a boat. and it's the south main street coventry area. there are many places to fish and get nice sized fish from shore in this area. take a drive on portage lakes drive and stop at T's( I beleive it's the name) and he's always willing to help people out.
    Froggy...there may not be a story yet, but fishing with ben always causes something funny to happen. I have never left without something to remeber.

17. ncraft150

ncraft150 Buckeye-Basser

I'd say the story here is a bunch of guys that love to fish together with a little friendly razzing going along with some friendly competition.

Nice to meet you guys last night. If you subtract the time I was talking and not fishing I got about a hour of fishing in. Two bass to show for it.

Johnboy you are right about Ben, but doesn't he have to have the famous boat with him for something to happen? When I fished the hoga with him I gave him a laugh when I almost fell in.

18. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

the boat theory is widely veiwed and excepted, but i have un-reputable facts that prove it's him, not the boat, unless the boat is veiwed as an extension of himself.
    fact 1. ice shanty in the wind.
    fact 2. fireman has to extinguish own fire.

but hey, nothing has gone wrong recently, i think he was working all the bad luck out of his system for the next 7 years! :D