close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Pl 10-10-04

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by TxTransplant, Oct 11, 2004.

1. TxTransplant

TxTransplant Fishin Fool!

Went out with Big Daddy and my boy last night to try for the crappie. I had to try out that Aqua view I was lucky enough to win. Man was it a beautiful night! We pulled up to the spot a hour before dark and didn't mark a thing. This is usual for this place. At dark we lit the lanterns and lowered the lights into the water. In about 30 mins there were minnows everywhere around the pontoon. The vex started lighting up like we were at Presque Isle. It was the perfect scenerio..baitfish everywhere........crappie allover the place on the aqua view.....silver flashes left and right from the crappie hitting the minnows in the lantern light.....the vex solid red from 2 foot down all the way to the bottom..........but the darn things wouldn't bite!!! We did catch some fish but nothing like we expected to do. Big Daddy took 7 over 10" home with him and I cleaned 17 that were over 10". We did have a great time as always but just didn't get the numbers as expected. That camera is a blast! I can't wait to get it out on the ice in a stationary position. Everytime a wave came by from a boat it bounced on the bottom and stirred up the silt making it hard to see. There were crappie everywhere on that camera! It was really neat watching them come up and look at it! Well maybe this week they will turn on! The ones we caught were full of shad minnows! There bellies were buldging so the feed bag is definately being put on! Water temp was 60 degrees and we were in 15' of water, we never did find a for sure depth to get them at. We switched depths and would get one or two then nothing...switch depths and the same would happen. Wierd night! Perfect with everything but they were finicky! Carl I enjoyed your company! Give a hollar when ya want to do it again!

Gene

2. where do u fish at prtage for the crappies.also what time and do u lower the lantern in the water or just above it. also u might want to thin out the minnows by using a dip net to thin it out so the crappie will have more time for ur bait.also what lures where u using