close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

PITT drafts new QB

Discussion in 'Sports Talk' started by Procraftboats21, Apr 24, 2004.

1. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

pittsburgh just picked Ben Roethlisberger what do you guys think?

2. Chuck P.

Chuck P. Here We Go Steelers

Being how I am one BIG Steelers fan, I am happy as can be.

I was sorta hoping they would end up with Philip Rivers but hey, you can't have everything.

Maddox has his days numbered, Big Ben will be starting before game 7 this coming year! :D

3. WOW! I wanted Rivers because I did not think that Ben would last to the 11th pick. The steelers get the STEAL of the draft! Now, we need a RT or CB in the 2nd! :D

4. catking

catking Banned

Ben is an EXCELLENT QB. I'll go out on a limb and say he is John Elway quality at the same age. Also, The Bengals just traded their trade to St.Louis, who pickes Steven Jackson, the running back. I cannot believe Jackson was still around, and the FIRST running back taken. I hope the Bengals take Gamble out of Ohio State !! CATKING.

5. catking

catking Banned

I cannot believe the Bengals traded their pick, passed on Steven Jackson, and then passed on Gamble, and picked a running back out of Michigan? Chris Perry.....Good runner, but JACKSON is better........ I'm totally shocked. Same old freakin crap on draft day.....What were they thinking? We have RUDI-RUDI RUDI......We need DEFENSE. But they have what 11 more picks, so they will no doubt get denfense. CATKING.

6. Perry is good, but Jackson will be GREAT! I can’t believe that they wanted a RB, the best RB in the draft was still on the board, and they traded down for a fourth round pick. I thought that they would go with a CB when they traded down.

7. Chuck P.

There have been several comparisons to Big Ben and Elway. Let us hope. ;)

8. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

I am a Browns fan,but it looks like Pittsburg got a good one!
    Tough one to face twice a year!

9. Lewis- Winslow is NO JOKE! He was without question the best Te in the draft, and might just be the best in the NFL.....Not in a few years, but next year. I'm not looking forward to playing him twice a year either!

10. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

I am tickled to death about KW2.
    I see many probowls in his future!
    Defenses will have to account for him,thats for sure!

11. Chuck P.

"IF" He can keep out of the Keyshawn Johnson frame of mind! ;)

12. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

I am a diehard browns fan and have been for over 40 years! I need to do a little attitude adjustment towards KW2. During the OSU Miami game I yelled some very bad things towards the TV directed at that young man, now I have to learn to like him, won't be easy, he'll need to earn it.

He's the most talented, self centered, spoiled brat, I've seen in a long time.

Pittsburgh made a great choice

13. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

I think the Browns need a couple headcases! :D :D
    Maybe he will energize the Browns like Shockey did for the Giants.
    Pretty steep price to pay to move up one spot...our early 2nd rounder??Ouch!

14. Watch Kevin Jones with Detroit. He may be the best running back in the draft. And go Big Ben

15. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I would have rather had big Ben than Winslow!

16. I dont like the Steelers and Miami OH beat Bowling Green twice last year. Those were Big Bens last victories over an orange and brown team. Browns will beat the steelers twice this season.

17. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

18. ShoreBoundOne

ShoreBoundOne lengthy Member

My nephew blocked for Chris Perry as tight end at Fork Union Military Academy in VA. The same school that put out Vinnie Testaverde and Eddie George...hes a great runner.

Hopefully he will do the school just as proud as the other two.

Mitch

19. No way Browns beat Steelers twice this year. Duece Staley will energize the ground game and give Maddox time to hook up with Ward and Burris. I'm satisfied with the draft. I would really like to see Pittsburgh get a seasoned cornerback who can give the defense a lift. The secondary was the weak link last year. GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

I think it is funny that the Browns cut that wide reciever b/c he was causing problems and had an attitude and then draft Winslow. I didn't like him in college and I can dislike him even more, now that he wearing brown.