close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

pioneering..

Discussion in 'Carp Discussions' started by crappielooker, Mar 27, 2005.

1. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

here i go again.. its time to drive around and find myself more spot to fish.. seems like an easy thing to some people, but its not.. who in their right mind would wanna spend alot of time and bait and don't catch a thing, except me..

2. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

You need to drive down here, and chum some spots for me!

3. crappielooker

jack.. what if i tell you i already did chum in some spots by you??

4. crappielooker

anybody else doing this pioneering thing, or is it just me??
    and if you are doin that, are you willing to let me in on it like i do to all my spots? show me what to do and use?

5. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Do we have to call ya Daniel Boone now too...lol.

Yea ive been scouting a lot of new areas, but have'nt started chumming them just yet, im still trying to put each one in order to get the best game plan together.
    Thats the great thing about winter time, LOTS of time to scout while Res. are drawn down, ect.
    My trouble is im looking for more untapped spots that no ones fished before...theres a TON of areas, but putting in the loads of energy needed is the only hard thing to over come.
    Im putting most of my freetime this year into fishing spots on the ohio river for carp...the quest for a river 40 is underway.

Scott

6. TimJC

TimJC Carp Angler

One word... STONELICK! That is was my hardcore "pioneering" water and it yielded me two carp (neither of which came on corn).

I have a spot that someone at work told me about on the LMR in loveland that I'm gonna stop by tomorrow, hopefully. But, I'm still looking for carpable waters down here.

7. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

8. hey ak,

If I figure them out You are very welcome to join me. I hiked around 4 miles round trip along the river yesterday. My legs are killing me. I think my spots will be better when the water warms up some. I am still trying to figure out river fishing man.

Marc

9. The past couple of years I spent quite a bit of time developing a few swims on Griggs...unfortunately I spent too much time chumming and not enough time fishing and it didn't really pay off. This year I won't have the time (or $$$ the way gas prices are now) to really work on any new locations...just have to fish places I know hold fish. Couple new spots on Cowan Lake, Buckeye Lake, and Lake Lorelei are tops on my spring list.