Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
682 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to Alum at Howard road launch with my son, my good friend & his son. A little Lambert boys vs. Wolf boys action...well, to make things interesting, i had the kids assign a point value 4 each species of fish...bass only 2 points, bluegill 1point, muskie 1000, catfish 2points, saugeye 5(cuz theyre toothy) and so on.
Well, besides spanking the lamberts himself, Carter(my son) caught a pink bluegill. Wish i had a photo, but alas, no photo 4 his little pink loving sister who wasnt there. It had all the normal markings of a bluegill, but where it would normally be white, it was absoluteley PINK!!!...why? maybe it hung out around clay all its life? maybe an albino? i dunno, any ideas?

·
Kayak Conquistador
546 Posts

Caught this gill early this season while crappie fishing. The most pink/purple Ive ever seen. Wierd enough to be picture worthy.

·
Banned
790 Posts
My kids catch some like that. I always figured they were some kind of pond hybrid but I don't know enough about panfish.

On a side note, Rainer, you don't know it, but I think we know each other or at least I remember the name. I believe our paths crossed in former lives. I'm good buddies with Eric Kramer and Jimmy Johns.
Sorry if that just triggered a nasty flashback. LOL!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts